Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Which Ramps Open

Started by Rangerman, April 19, 2022, 07:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

Hoping to come up to LSC from NC if the wind will slow down some :) Heard Crocker closed.  Is Harley, Nine Mile and Selfridge open. Thanks

Rangerman

For the record  Selfridge, Harley, Fairhaven and 9 mile are opep.  Crocker is closed

Bigbass201

Sorry bud.  I was out of town.  Yep you got the ramps correct on the open ones.  Extremely busy at the boat ramps  Wind is cranking this week too. I just got back from northern Michigan and had some catching up to do around the house.

djkimmel

Hey Rangerman, I missed your question due to other peoples' websites, but I had shared a story to my friend to report on Crocker / Clinton River Cutoff BAS being closed for rebuild until October/November. Try checking out his website for news too when your looking for the latest - stclairreport.com.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

Late report we had a good trip as always, not a great trip due to wind. Going to back off going to LSC for awhile and let it rest.  This trip of 18 to 19 trips over the years cost us almost 50% higher due to fuel and hotels really jumped.  We get back to somewhat normal if possible may start heading back if the good Lord lets me.  Just to to fish a little closer due to fuel.  It's a 2000 mile round trip up and back so we stay a week or longer.  The hotels really jumped no deals for 7 day plus booking in Chesterfield Area, Little Mack just a little ruff ::) ::) with the price of ammo

Bigbass201

Totally understand that.  My 5 hour trip north this spring was quite a bit more for me, so I can imagine what that cost you.  Things to back off some, I'll probably be doing a little less traveling myself next year.  Thanks for the report.  Surprisingly I only made it up to St. Clair once this spring.  Every weekend I had free the weather was garbage.  Hopefully next spring plays out a little better.

djkimmel

How many springs in a row now have been windy, cold and rainy!?! Especially on St. Clair... seems like just the odds would give us one nice spring for a change!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bigbass201

Quote from: djkimmel on October 28, 2022, 08:02:16 AM
How many springs in a row now have been windy, cold and rainy!?! Especially on St. Clair... seems like just the odds would give us one nice spring for a change!

Hoping spring of 2023 is better.

djkimmel

Wouldn't cross my fingers. Have a meeting coming up where we should get some kind of update on the status of the Clinton River Cutoff BAS that is being rebuilt with new ramps that aren't supposed to silt in like the old ramps... not sure how accurate a report we'll get. Last we heard the construction was supposed to be done mid-May (after supposing to be done late last fall). The weather will probably play a part.

Rangerman

Hoping for the best BUT it's hard to mess with Mother  Nature :) :)