Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

MadWags 2022

Started by mikesmiph, January 10, 2022, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Back by popular demand, The 2022 MadWags Members only paper tournament on Lake St Clair. Bigger and better than ever. You won't want to miss this one. Very preliminary plans (too much ice for a while). Please start giving me some ideas on what dates work for everyone. Of course we'll have prizes. Of course we'll have food. Of course we'll have a blast. Anyone who has never been, plan on coming this spring. I look forward to hearing from folks.

Jay-MadWags

I am definitely looking forward to this event!  I plan on fishing with my Uncle Paul. He is David "MadWags" Wagensomer's older brother. I can't wait to see everyone🎣😊.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

mikesmiph

Need to see a little more interest. Hope we can pull it together.

Firefighter Jeff

Surprise, it's me !!  No I haven't disappeared. Totally anyway.  I'm retired from the fire department so unless something comes up I can make any date. Put me down as a boater.    :)

VinceR

Count me in as a boater. Any date after the first of May should be good for me. I hope this come to fruition this year.

Team houston

I will show up. No boater.

detroit1

Me too Phil. I miss you guys...
WAVE THERAPY

Jay-MadWags

May 7th or May 14th would be good days to have the event. I just hope the weather cooperates.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

mikesmiph

Looks like we're getting enough participation to make a go of this. I'm already excited.

TheFishinPollock

Give Me a date and I'll be there with the Champ and the GF for her first tournament ever. Taught her how to bed fish last year so it's time she puts it to some use.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

FrickerDude

I should be able to attend with boat in tow, god willing
FrickerDude

TheFishinPollock

So whats the story?? Did a date get picked yet?  And what do you guys know about the auburn hills area now. Looking at the extended stay right across the street from the university on university drive. I called them and the front desk girl hates her job and couldn't tell me if there is an outside plug for charging or not.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

VinceR

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on March 17, 2022, 01:49:57 PM
So whats the story?? Did a date get picked yet?  And what do you guys know about the auburn hills area now. Looking at the extended stay right across the street from the university on university drive. I called them and the front desk girl hates her job and couldn't tell me if there is an outside plug for charging or not.

I don't know about that one, but there is a motel that looks promising called Lodge Keeper, a couple (or 3) exits North of the Metropolitan Beach exit (for the Harley Ensign launch). It's an easy 10 minute drive. The place looks clean and gets good reviews. It's right by the highway, at the M-29 exit. My partner and I plan to use this place when we pre-fish our St Clair tournaments, this summer. It's a decent area, and is known to be fisherman-friendly. There are gas stations and restaurants in the area.

TheFishinPollock

I was looking more towards getting out of dodge somewhat to make the drive home a bit easier on Sunday morning. Last time I did 59 was a nightmare at any hour but early morning. That was the last time I had been down there. I'd like to stay other size of the A bridge, but after driving down there and fishing all day. I don't want to drive much farther than auburn hills.

I finally made it down there this year to grab up the gf's kid on visitation weekend. Man , I had not been in the westland/dearborn heights are since the early 2000's. Where in heck did all those people come from. I don't remember that many lol.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

VinceR

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on March 18, 2022, 10:53:57 PM
I was looking more towards getting out of dodge somewhat to make the drive home a bit easier on Sunday morning. Last time I did 59 was a nightmare at any hour but early morning. That was the last time I had been down there. I'd like to stay other size of the A bridge, but after driving down there and fishing all day. I don't want to drive much farther than auburn hills.

I finally made it down there this year to grab up the gf's kid on visitation weekend. Man , I had not been in the westland/dearborn heights are since the early 2000's. Where in heck did all those people come from. I don't remember that many lol.

Not sure what you're looking at, but Lodge Keeper is in the Chesterfield area, North of the launch and M-59. You would be closer to I-69 (aren't you coming down from the Traverse Bay area?). This motel is closer to the ramp, and allows you to avoid the Detroit area and M-59 all together.

Do a search for Lodge Keeper, and check out its proximity to the launch, and highways. I know that most of M-59 from Chesterfield, west was under construction last year, and there may still be some areas of construction.

cameraguy

May 7 is best for me.

stackenem

Long range forecast looks better for the 14th now.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

stackenem

Anything on this or did it die?

mikesmiph

It's all up to Dan. We need him involved here.