Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Dixie Duel in Decatur

Started by Dan, March 29, 2009, 10:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Heading to Gunnersville tomorrow, Goose Pond. Hoping our first trip will be loaded with beginners luck. We'll fish Wheeler some before our stint as Marshall's begins Wednesday with the pretournament meeting. We will be with a pro Thursday and Friday, and are on the waiting list for Saturday. If we don't fish Saturday we'll be out following the pros or just fishing ourselves. I put the first blog entry up on the teardropbass.com today.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

Hey, I drew Matt Herren for tomorrow's first day. My buddy drew Brent Brody Broderick. I talked quite a bit to Luke Gritter. He's hoping for some good weather tomorrow. It's suppose to rain all day and get breeze late in the day. I ate dinner with Paul Elias, Boyd Duckett, Matt Herron, Scot Mize, and a couple other guys. They all said that the worst place to fish weather wise is Wheeler Lake when it's rough. Duckett and Herron both said that they'd rather be on Erie in rough weather than deal with how bad Wheeler can get. Type of waves and current. Kind of like a real bad day on the Detroit River. Got my life jacket and my rain suit so I'm ready to rock. They showed us how to use the basstrack system. Cool system. Duckett says 18 lbs. tomorrow. Herron says 4 little ones and a kicker. We'll see.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

I drew Tommy Biffle for tomorrow and Rick Skinner, my partner in crime down here drew none other than KVD. Man did it storm down here today. Let me tell you that Wheeler can get pretty darn rough. The weather held off for most of the day and the bad stuff didn't hit till after the second flight was back in. The wind is howling here tonight, but by morning it's suppose to be 10-20. Had a great day. Best $100 I ever spent. Actually, only $75. They gave us all a $25 Bass Pro card. Check my blog out for more info. That is if I can stay awake long enough to get all the pictures resized and the blog typed and uploaded.

thedude

i have duckett and herron on my fantasy team... tell them to kick it into high gear already huh? ;D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Dan

Today's tournament was cancelled due to high winds. The pros were not happy! Trip was not a popular guy today! Full field fishes tomorrow. We ride with the same pros we drew today. Top twelve will fish on Sunday. Spent 3 hours hob knobbin with the pros. Walked up and down for 3 hours. Talke to Ike, Kevin, Shaw, Herren, Rojas, Clun, Biffle, Velvick, GMan, Luke Gritter, Guy Eaker, James Niggemyer, Mize, and my favorite - Mary Delgoto, (Bryon Velvick's main squeeze) and I couldn't tell you all I got to talk with and some for quite a while. Best $75 I've ever spent. It was hard to get away from them. My buddy Rick and I went to Cracker Barrel in Athens, AL after the tournament was cancelled today and who follows us in Skeet Reese and two other guys. They bugged us for autographs and everything. Dang groupies. ;D We left Cracker Barrel and drove 4 miles east to my favorite tackle shop, West End, and who follows us there? Yep, Aaron Martens and Todd Faircloth. The won't leave us alone! Talked to Faircloth, but only said howdy to Martens. The guys are very approachable and most thanked me for asking for their autograph. They were really great. Check the teardropbass.com daily blog for pictures and story.

Dan

Rode with Tommy Biffle today and he caught 20 lbs. and is leading the tournament by 3 pounds. Drew Marty Robinson for tomorrow. My buddy drew Alton Jones. I am getting sunburned. I need to put on the sun screen.