Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

My new fishing buddy

Started by spinninbug, November 20, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

About two months ago I lost my great friend Annie,  she was my black lab that I had from 5 weeks old.  She was 9.  It was something very hard for me to get through. 

I was determinded not to get another dog.  It was just so hard loosing her.  I just couldn't imagine going through it again.

Well then I got this big surprise from my husband,  this is Riley, I fell in love with her the minute I knew she was going to be mine,  she is now 8 weeks old and I have not had her for even two weeks.  She has been the best medicine for me,  she has done my heart wonders.  She will be fishing tournaments with us,  at least our 3 hour thursday niters. 

I'm so thankful that my boss even lets her come to work with me everyday. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

I love puppies. We'll have to see more pictures from time to time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

We lost our Black Lab several years ago and have been contemplating another friend. This may have helped the decision. Cute Pup!

spinninbug

She is the sweetest little girl.  There are more too,  she has national champions on both sides.  If your interested let me know I don't know where you are for sure but the pups are in Jackson.  I can get you more pics if you want to see them. 

I will post more pictures as she grows up Dan.  For sure on her first boat trip next spring.  I'm sure she is going to love it.  So far she is doing everything we ask her to do.  She is great in the car, of course it took me a ride to get her to understand she couldn't sit on my lap while I was driving but it only took a short ride for her to figure that out. 

She is wonderful here in my office at work to,  she is quiet,  and everyone just loves her here.  But when we get home she is wound right up for a couple of hours.  She keeps us hopping! 

She sure has made a difference in my life in the short time I have had her.  I know she is going to be a great friend to me.
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

Firefighter Jeff

Congrats Wendy  !!!!!  We're looking forward to meeting Riley next year.  :)

spinninbug

Yep and you will too.  She will be all grown up then but you will meet here.

Thanks on the congrats!

Wendy

thedude

a fine choice in breed, wrong color but i'll let it slide :)

i'm owned by an almost 3 year old male black lab...... who's not allowed in my bass boat because all he does is jump out trying to retrieve my bait on EVERY cast. :D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinninbug

LOL.  Some friends of ours have a black that everytime the kids cast their bobbers off the dock he tries to jump in and get them. 

I wasn't sure I was ready for another dog yet,  my Annie was black and I just didn't want a black,  I'm so happy with this little girl though.

She went to the doctor today she weighs 14 pounds,  got her next set of shots and is doing really well.

I was going to post another picture but it's to big and I took it on my phone,  so the picture will have to wait.
Wendy

Homer48088

I understand your reluctance to get another dog.  We lost our 12 year old Irish Setter last year and my wife and I are still leary about going through that again, but we've always had a dog.
Glad to hear that it has all worked out for you. It makes me less hesitant to take the plunge again myself.

spinninbug

I was devasted loosing my dog,  cried about her all the time.  This little girl has done so much for me I can't even begin to tell you.  Take the plunge it will so be worth it.
Wendy

spinninbug

Just thought I would share an updated photo of Riley,  here she is in the snow,  we have more than she is tall.  She loves the snow and plays with the grandkids in it and they all have a blast.  She has been some great medicine for me.
Wendy

Cy

Unless Riley grew horns and you shot her last week...you got the wrong pic Wendy.

I will say if my Lab grew antlers like that I would have a hard time not shooting him.

:D

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

thedude

Quote from: Cfruel on December 09, 2008, 11:20:17 AM
Unless Riley grew horns and you shot her last week...you got the wrong pic Wendy.

I will say if my Lab grew antlers like that I would have a hard time not shooting him.

:D

Cy

;D ;D ;D  ;D :D :D :D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

spinninbug

LOL......oopps...lets try this one
Wendy

Buckeye

Lovely pup for sure!!!  I wanted to share a few photos...

This is Coco.   Her owner works with my wife, and she also fosters dogs after surgery.  She had a foster in the crate, but didn't know what to do with Coco.  As you can see.  She destroyed everything within reach of the antique sewing machine she is tethered to.

These are my wife and I's girls.  We took them in after they were abandoned.  They were pitiful creatures at that point, less than 50 pounds.  The vet says their growth will be stunted because they were abandoned at such a young age, but they both weigh about 70 pounds now.  Our chocolate lab is named Coco as well, and our black lab is named Sable.  They were named by the residents in my program. 

I don't know what I would do without them.  We got them on Christmas last year, and they are about two years old right now.  Just a note to lab owners: Labs's diets are historically fish-based.  We feed ours tuna right from the can once a week, and they absolutely love this Purina One dog food for Sensitive Systems.  It is salmon-based, and our vet thinks it was a major reason ours made such a huge recovery.

Hope you enjoy the new pup and that she is doing well.   I keep trying to talk my wife into getting a third, a yellow, but she is adamant that we don't need a third!

Eric

spinninbug

That is a great picture with Cocoa sitting in her mess!  So lab like!

I enjoy this little girl every minute and by that I mean she is with me all the time.  I'm very thankful that my hubby knows me better than I do or we wouldn't have her right now,  and I'm so very happy that I do.  She has been wonderful company. 

Good luck Eric talking her into the yellow,  your labs look to be happy now.  If you should talk her into one let me know I might be able to help you find one.

Wendy

cr

My daughter wanted a puppy back in July so she picked out KC. Now she's in college so guess who's taking the dog everywhere?

cr

This MY fishing buddy, Smitty , and a picture of KC today

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmmmmmmmm  Yep, that does look more like a Dog  !!!  lolol  hee hee