Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

its time to play...................Name that BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by McCarter, March 09, 2006, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5alive

Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

HellaBass

If it was bigger, maybe Sasquatch, maybe this could be Sasquatch Jr.
Erie Bug, Gobie Muncher, ....

McCarter

all great names guys.  I will pick some of the catchy ones then maybe we will put it to a vote.  Winner takes all.

I am working on getting a small tackle company together.  To sell some of the stuff we make and some other products as well.  Jeff came up with a sweet name and logo, but i found out that there is a similar company name out there already. 

So i am trying to figure out something catchy to call the operation.

Any suggestions?

So far i am stuck on Nemesis Tackle or Empire Tackle.  See, im not that creative.  Need help.  So........help me!

PB himself :-\'

bshaner

That's probably where he got the name... trying to get you into court so he can take over your business!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Dan

This looks like a bait I use for carolina rigging smallies. Got to call it a Smallie Dragon
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

oldgeezer

djkimmel

Sting the competition! With the Smallie Scorpion!!! It might work.

Scorpion Tackle...? Hmmm...? not sure...

(Hello oldgeezer BTW)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

Scorpion is pretty good.  It also has some sentimental value as my new bride stepped on a scorpion on our honeymoon.  Luckily she was not stung, but i bet she would get a kick out of that.

PB himself :-\'

billy_bass

McCarter,

That is a pretty sweet looking bait and I want to play the name game. I was thinking that a bass fisherman needs a good "wing man" for a partner in tournaments. Since your bait has some cool looking wing features, why not call it  "the wing man".

Billy Bass
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

billy_bass

McCarter- 

I was I also thinking about a name for your operation. You could call it GAME DAY TACKLE COMPANY. With that you could use the slogan "fisherman are athletes". LOL

Billy Bass
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

bassackward

work is work, love is love,FISHING is LIFE!!!

McCarter

Gang,

thanks for the participation.  I think i have come up with a name.  I was thinking of calling the operation Nemesis Lures.  The definition of the word nemesis pretty much sums up our ongoing battle with our slimy adversarys;  a formidable and usually victorious rival or opponent.  As Wayne would say, the fish usually win.  and he is right.  No matter how good we end up fishing on any given day, there is always room for improvement. 

Thoughts?

I think it was Rev who wanted to call the bait the 'Johnny Fever'.  I liked that name a lot for a bait, so i am working on having a custom beaver type mold made up right now which i will use the Johnny Fever name for.  Kinda sounds beaverish, sorta?

Things are kinda moving a long slowly right now.  It has been too cold to pour in my garage with my little propane heater.  I am working on my second goby mold trying to get that in order.  Having a little trouble with some other things.  Once i get the bugs worked out, i will have samples for yous guys to play with this season.  I think your going to like what you see tho.

McCarter himself :-\'

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

MIBassKid

Quote from: McCarter on August 11, 2006, 01:17:52 PM

Jeff came up with a sweet name and logo, but i found out that there is a similar company name out there already. 

Can we see the logo??
-Kid

McCarter

Here she is.  I liked it alot, but after some careful searching, i found another company that was called Toad Hunter Lures.

Cheetam

That was the original logo taken from the website...I liked the ones I reworked for the bag labels better:

Jeff

Cheetam

As far as the name goes, I think you need to have a little fun with it.  For example (based on the old "Who's on First" bit):

Company Name:  It's a Secret Tackle Co.

Product Names: I Can't Tell You, You Wouldn't Believe Me, Thing I Use, etc.

I can see the conversations at the dock, weigh-in table, on the water, etc...:

Guy: "Wow...nice fish!  What did you catch it on?"

You: "It's a Secret, I Can't Tell You"

Guy: "C'mon...you can tell me..."

You: "I did tell you..."

Guy: "No you didn't...you said 'It's a secret, I can't tell you"...

You: "Exactly...that's right"

Guy: "What's right?"

You: "The name of the lure I used..."

Guy: "What name of the lure?"

You: "It's a Secret, I Can't Tell You..."

And yes, I do have a little time on my hands... :D
Jeff

MIBassKid

Lol wow! It's okay everyone, Jeff is just fine, he is just going through withdrawls and didn't take his medicine today...he's missin those big bucketmouths and them big ol' smallies  ;D Got you covered!
-Kid

Team houston

Slick