Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:09:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What did your club vote?

Started by Savage, March 08, 2006, 09:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage

Just trying to get an idea of how things will shake down this weekend, and see what the clubs are voting.  Both of the clubs I am in voted for BASS, so that means right now according to my count, it's:

BASS - 2,  FLW - 0

Please keep the running total going if you post a response in this string, so we can keep track without reading the whole thing every time! ;)

Let us know!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I'm too nervous about this - what's going to happen!!??!! - I never have liked all those polls and things though that try to predict the end result even maybe before everyone has voted.

I like to not know the results at all until after all the votes are in, but that's just me.

Since I've already said it, I will repeat that my club has voted to support the TBF arrangement. I have heard results of about 8 clubs, but I would leave it up to them to say what they voted or not. 8 clubs isn't enough to get any real idea what the overall vote count will be.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

superjay5

Dan

I believe our tournament group is going TBF.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

5alive

Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

MBell

Glad I wasn't involved in this, looked like a lot of reading.  Our club is unaffiliated, were just waiting for all of this to shake out.  Quick question, is TBF with flw or are their three proposals? 
-Matt

djkimmel

Matt - the Michigan Bass Federation is already a TBF member and has been from the beginning. All the state federations except Texas started up the TBF 5 or 6 years ago.

The real deal is that the state federations, TBF and BASS were always affiliated/partnered together - affiliated meaning different things to different people.

TBF has now chosen to offer the state federations agreements/sponsorships with FLW, BassFan.com, Yamaha, National Guard and soon to be announced, Evinrude (the last 3 in partnership with FLW Outdoors), among others instead of BASS.

TBF is not offering BASS as a partner this time although that was never a direct TBF offer since the state federations have been affiliated with BASS much longer than TBF has existed. So now, state federations who want BASS need to affiliate/agree/partner directly with the BASS Federation Nation, and because of BASS requirements can not stay a member of TBF. They have to revoke their TBF membership.

TBF was not requiring this same limitation, but the way sponsor agreements are setup either way now, there would be a conflict for any federation that wanted to affiliate with both anyway.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

canvsbk

It's TBF here after much sometimes heated discussion. Probably end up splitting up.Just stupid.
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

This has definitely been an experience, no doubt about it.

Skulley

My club is voting TBF.  I was the lone BASS voter in my club. 

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Yes BD - but I have no doubt you were heard :) and that's what the democratic process is all about.

joshimoto son

My club voted BASS

I almost puked!!!!

I was the only one who didn't vote bass.

bosshawg

if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

blakstr1

well today is the BIG day for the vote...this should be interesting, I'm really thinkin the 2/3 vote is going to be hard to attain either way, then what???
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

The vote went today for staying with BASS
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Savage

BASS it is, now can we just get on with life and all have fun fishing instead of talking about this?  :-X  I for one am glad it';s all said and done for now, we will see where this goes in the next few months.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks