Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

charity's?

Started by wacky, September 23, 2008, 10:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacky

anybody want to hit the charitys thursday? i have the boat and most of the goodies to fish just don't like heading out that way by myself. the weather is looking good with winds around 10knots so the waves should be 1-2.

MBell

It's been dirty water out there all year, it was clearing up until that hurricane hit us.  Good luck, let us know how you do.  Here is a link of daily pics to check the water clarity.  BTW the leaves just turned up there so they should be going pretty good up shallow.
http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=h&page=1
-Matt

wacky

well hit the charity's today. no fish up tight yet, didn't even see one which is very rare. took 6 fish in 15-18 fow on the east side of the big island. the waves picked up so i hit the shore just north of the point and hit gold! nothing big but the fish where everywere chasing bait fish to the surface.

MBell

How was the water clarity?  Heading out tomorrow, might go to charity but not sure yet. 
-Matt

wacky

mbell, it's not very good looks very dirty. you can only see down 2-3 ft. good luck if you good and report back please.

MBell

Didn't go to charity because of water clarity.  Fished the lake huron shoreline on the thumb, clear water but fish were inactive.  Fished boulders in 2-8ft, lots of follows on spinnerbaits and caught some of the followers on tubes.  All were between 2-2.5lbs, and they were very very fat and full of bait.  The fish are usually really easy in the area I was in but they were just spooky today.  All of the fish were black when they followed, but once they saw the boat they lost their color and were gone.  I'm hoping this cool weather gets them going, I've been looking forward to the fall bite.
-Matt

wacky

HEY GUYS, THE CHARITYS WERE ON FIRE WEDS. WATER TEMP 50-51 DEGS AND THE WATER IS VERY CLEAR. THE SMALLEST FISH WAS 4#6OZ WITH THE BIGGEST BEING 6#2OZ HAVE SOME PICS BUT DON'T HOW TO POST THEM. MY FIRST 6#+ SMALLIE.

cr

Sounds like a good day on the water , theres info on how to post pics in general support . How long do the Charity's normally hold fish ?

wacky

cr, i'm not sure how long they hold fish. we were fishing for perch with no luck so i started looking for some bass and found them in about 5-10fow. they looked to be feeding on something. there was a bunch of bait fish but realy couldn't get a good look at any of them. we caught most on those football head jigs with a double tail trailer in dark green.

wacky

howdy guys i got my mount back from the charity's  and would love to post pic but i don't know how. if anyone can do this for me i would be very thankful. it's 23" and 6#7oz

MBell

A 6lb 7oz is a monster on the bay!  My biggest to date is 6lbs 4oz, also a fall fatty.  I can post the pic, just email it to me.  My email is in my profile.   
-Matt

Got Fish??

Hello to the thumb anglers that fish the charity's. you guys are off the hook. nice fish! my home is 9 down from champaine rd on the water . I have a 16 ft tracker can I get out to the charity's? I have'nt fished the charity's yet, been going up to the cottege since 1974. where and what should I throw?

wacky

first the boat size. yes you can get to the islands with a small boat. you will need to watch the wave report and the wind gust report. if the wind gust are 15mph+ is iffy. 20mph+ wind gust will have 3-4+ waves. pick the days that have 1-2 ft or less wave report and wind gust less then 15mph and have fun, you will be fine. as for bait i throw tub jigs, football jigs, wacky jacks/ senko's wacky rigged, crank bait in sexy shad has been good and spinner baits any of the colors as long as it's white lolol. hope this helps. we my be able to hook up and go out some day. i have a 18ft lund that's pretty good even in 4-5 fters

wacky

mbell, i sent you some pics of my mount thanks

MBell

Quote from: Got Fish?? on December 13, 2008, 06:30:52 PM
  hello to the thumb anglers that fish the charity's. you guys are off the hook. nice fish! my home is 9 down from champaine rd on the water . I have a 16 ft tracker can I get out to the charity's? I have'nt fished the charity's yet, been going up to the cottege since 1974. where and what should I throw?
Like wacky said pick the nice days.  Also know your boats range and bring extra gas if necessary.  The best launch is Bayshore just before you get to bayport, your about 11 miles to big charity.  Caseville is only 9 miles but it's deeper rougher water exposed to the east.  No need to go to the charitys though, your cottage is about a half mile from some pretty good smallmouth fishing.  My parents cottage is about 3/4 mile west of champaine on taylor, so I've grown up fishing that whole area.  It can be hard to find the fish but quality is there, a 20lb bag isn't out of the question.   
-Matt 

MBell

LAPORTE

Nice fish !!    Maybe one day ...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Got Fish??

hello mbell thanks for the info. The family cottage is the one with champain sign out in front as you head west from PortAuston. If you are ever in town and would like to fish St Clair give me a ring I'll set you guys up! I would like to know where this smallie spot is.Both my young boys and I are smallmouth  nuts. Have a great x-mas.

hunlee

Hunlee think that one was good eating!!!!!

hunlee
hulee is friend to all people