Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Light line (Probably a DUMB question)

Started by Revtro, September 09, 2008, 01:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanP

I use a #2 Duolock Snap.  And I've gotten quite a few of my C-Flash baits from Mike's Rx Baits.

Haven't tried the Koppers baits.  The C-Flash has a pretty unique action to it.

Dan

Do the C Flash have a rattle or is their unique action their draw. I don't have any. Pretty pricey.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Bender

I like the Koppers quite well. I've been throwing some of the perch ones, had more luck with the smaller one than the big one. Caught my big bass of the day and a nice walleye one day on Kent with them. I haven't caught anything on the craw crank yet, but I haven't used it much.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Durand Dan

I like to use a loop knot on crank baits and top water. Much better action without the snap hook. You have to check the knot often because it will break at the eye of the bait.

Dan

You really think there is a different action with the loop knot versus the snap. there appears to be about the same amount of room in both. Also it would seem that the eye of the crank wouldn't wear on the line.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

BryanP

Dan, they don't have a rattle.  It's a hand made balsa bait that seems to dart and "hunt" more than most crankbaits.  Chip told me Craig Powers, who is one of the best custom crankbait guru's on the FLW tour, can't figure out how that bait does what it does.

Dan

Very interesting. The picture I have of the C-Flash above was one I took down at D&R Sports. During a seminar there in the Spring Greg Magnus was touting them, but they are expensive and I couldn't afford them at the time so I took a picture. I still haven't bought one but my traveling partner Don did. What colors do you recommend? I have a fishing weekend coming up. I plan on leaving this Wednesday to drive up to my cabin north of Baldwin to put my camper on the truck and pick up my boat. I have Thursday yet to prefish for a two day end of year classic on Long Lake and Duck Lake. I don't have to prefish Duck, but would like to spend some time on Long. I have only fished it a hand full of times and haven't been there except for a couple hours last year to try out my trolling motor. Maybe I can find someone here in Grand Rapids that has a C-Flash. I do have two Kopper cranks that I plan on trying.

BryanP

They're hard to find right now, but Mike's Rx Baits has a big order on the way.  Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater had a few last week, and D&R should have them.  In GR, I would call Ben at Al & Bob's.  I would recommend the 22 and 22 Magnum, along with the 44.  Chip Harrison was using the 22 and 22 Mag in the BFL.  And I know a bunch of the MI guys in the TBF divisional used the 22 and 22 Mag on St Clair/Erie.  Mangus has been catching them all year on the 44 in Bluegill.  He caught 19+ on Randall (Saturday) and Coldwater (Sunday).

Colors to get are Bluegill, Threadfin Shad, and Shad Minnow, and Emerald Shiner.

Dan

Thanks for the info. Now all I have to find is a couple of hundred dollar bills. Looks like I'll have to lengthen my walks and start collecting cans. Let's see 230 cans I crankbait. I had better get walking.