Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fall 2008 DK Open - West - October 4 Hardy Dam Pond

Started by djkimmel, September 06, 2008, 03:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Quote from: Cfruel on September 11, 2008, 09:46:07 AM
As badly as I want to fish this...I'm out.  It turns out I have a wedding that day too.  GLB member Orlando Jon is getting married that day.  He is one of my closest friends and tournament partner, I can't miss it!  Sorry guys!

Cy

I thought he knew about getting married in Jan/Feb... March at the latest?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fasttrack

So, Dan, at what point do you make the decision if there are enough participants to hold the event? This will dictate what other plans I need to make for the upcoming two weekends (since I can't fish three weeks in a row, unfortunately). I would hate to skip one of the other upcoming events while anticipating the Fall Open and then have it cancelled. Please let us all know what you are thinking.....

Marc
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Genie

If we don't get enough members, what about spouses?  Can they count?
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

I'd like 10 minimum counting myself. I would hope to know this week or I assume the interest is not there.

Spouses (anyone) count as long as they are registered members. Several have done so in the past.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cy

Quote from: djkimmel on September 15, 2008, 12:49:28 AM
Quote from: Cfruel on September 11, 2008, 09:46:07 AM
As badly as I want to fish this...I'm out.  It turns out I have a wedding that day too.  GLB member Orlando Jon is getting married that day.  He is one of my closest friends and tournament partner, I can't miss it!  Sorry guys!

Cy

I thought he knew about getting married in Jan/Feb... March at the latest?!?

Tell me about it!  Some people are so selfish!  ;D  I wish I knew what he was thinking.  Well....no...I don't want to know.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Ryan

You know I can't say no to a DK Open.  I will be there again as a non-boater.

-Ryan

djkimmel

Thanks for adding in your attendance Ryan.

As far as weddings, my anniversary is January 15! Smack dab in winter.

fowlmouth

I'm in, Boater
Anyone with info on where to stay? Too cold to tent, and I can't tow boat and camper at the same time.

Cy

Brower Park has cabins you can rent.  I don't know the details of them.  http://www.mecostacountyparks.com/Brower.htm

Newaygo has a couple of motels and such.  http://www.newaygocountytourism.com/

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

I think there's some small motels there in Stanwood too if I remember right? There's probably not a Stanwood chamber of commerce though.

There's enough of us now, I will have the event. Whoever can make, please make it. I'll be there.

fowlmouth

Wow! I feel special now, were you just waiting for me? Glad to know it's gonna happen, never been to Hardy and am looking forward to it.

Are we defending our title Dan or splitting up?

Durand Dan

Anyone want to share a ride up let me know. I will be driving up and returning the same day from Durand. My plan is to head up 127 to 46 and across.
PM Me

chrisvmo

alright....kinda new too this site but I will Fish as a boater but prefer non-boater...

thanks, chris!

spinninbug

Yippeeee!!!  I was starting to worry we might not have enough.

Terry and I will be there,  and by the way Dan,  don't think you have to pair me up with my hubby! 

I'm so excited I finally get to fish an open. ;D
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

djkimmel

Quote from: fowlmouth on September 16, 2008, 05:36:45 PM
Wow! I feel special now, were you just waiting for me? Glad to know it's gonna happen, never been to Hardy and am looking forward to it.

Are we defending our title Dan or splitting up?

Of course you're special... though you knew that ;D

Don't know about the defending part though... might look suspicious ???

djkimmel

Quote from: chrisvmo on September 16, 2008, 09:56:03 PM
alright....kinda new too this site but I will Fish as a boater but prefer non-boater...

thanks, chris!

No sense in being shy :) I will put together the first draft of a draw this Sunday and will not have you set as a boater if I don't need to.

djkimmel

Quote from: spinninbug on September 17, 2008, 11:17:32 AM
Yippeeee!!!  I was starting to worry we might not have enough.

Terry and I will be there,  and by the way Dan,  don't think you have to pair me up with my hubby! 

I'm so excited I finally get to fish an open. ;D

Wendy... c'mon now! I wouldn't do that to hi.... er, you ;D :o

I'll post the initial draw Sunday.

spinninbug

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

fasttrack

DJK,
I would like to be a non-boater if at all possible. If you are truly short of boaters let me know very soon and I'll see what I can do. My 'mechanic' (dad) does the winterizing since he and I own the boat together and he got mad when I kept it out too late into the season last year. He wanted to winterize it before October. Ya, I know it stinks, but its the price you pay for sharing a boat. But he stores it and does all the work on it so what can I say!

fasttrack
(Marc)
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

MadWags

Try "no!".

Dan,
schedule allowing Jason and I will make the drive. Can we be nons please.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.