Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL Article Finally Done

Started by Dan, September 05, 2008, 11:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Finally finished my report on the 8/30 Detroit River BFL. It's on my teardropbass.com webpage. Click on the BFL button on the Home Page and Select Detroit River.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dashaver63

Great article! I always enjoy your blogs.

Dan

Thanks, but I think I've created a monster with that daily, almost daily, well a few times a week blog. It takes me longer to get it done each day than I thought. I don't think I've had a chance to meet you at the Friday meeting yet. Maybe at the Super tournament I can locate you. I met Don LaPorte this last event along with Garza from GLB.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dashaver63

I'll be sure to locate you at the next one.

djkimmel

It's easy... just look for the guy who looks exactly like a retired school teacher... exactly! :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

...and has frosting from cinnamon rolls on his cheeks. Can't wait for spring to come so Mattesons has their open house and all those homemade rolls.

motocross269

Dan, I enjoyed all of your articles,it's the first time I checked out your site.
I saw you guys at the Detroit River BFL, I noticed the Bass Cat right away..I have a Jag.
I was the CO with the Black FX4 Ford F150 parked right in front of you guys at the motel..
Next time I see you I will introduce myself...
I see you guys ate at the hotel pub...How was the food???

See you at the end of the Month..

Dan

We're okay anglers, but our real expertise is food. Don has the butter pecan hot carmel thing and for me as long as it isn't moving, as they say. So, the report on the Best Western restaurant is probably a B-. I would rate it a tad bit higher if I truely felt the place was cleaned regularly. The hotel is getting a tad bit old and maybe that just gives you the feeling that its not spick and span. We ate breakfast there $2.99. Wasn't bad. I recommend the sausage links over the bacon. Breakfast is $2.99, but if you get a glass of juice, the juice is $2.00. We went in to eat the first night and the grill was closed and we went to bed hungry. Friday night we had pizza and coke with some flavoring. Both were very good. Several of the guys at our table got the tilapia that they had on special and man they got a pile of fish and they said it was good. We ate lunch Friday at the Big Bear Lodge, http://www.bigbearlodge.org/ which is not too far from the hotel, maybe a couple miles. It is more top end but the food is very good. For dinner on Saturday, Don, Kendall Ulsh and I ate at Applebees there by the Walmart where we had our Friday meeting. WE PIGGED OUT! They have that special where you get all you can eat of shrimp, riblets, and chicken strips. If you buy the more expensive one you can get seconds on the riblets or strips. There were several other BFL guys there as well. We also stopped at the Dunken Donut drive through at the Marathon station. The donuts were like bricks, but if it's a donut I eat it. Don wasn't happy though. There is another Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robin's shop that we'll try next time. Oh, the crackers from the BFL meeting were tasty, especially when I didn't pack a lunch Saturday.

The Basscat is Don's. I bought his old Jag a 97 and I love it.

motocross269

Now that is a report i can "Sink my teeth into"" ;D
I ate at McDonalds for breakfast right next store..They are open 24 hours..I had a Burrito and a Coke...Typical McDonalds...
I had the fish "All you can eat" on Friday night at the Truck stop across the Highway from the Motel..It was pretty good and very filling...
We need to hit Anthony up for more treats at the meetings!!!! With Snickers and Kellogs as sponsors he should be hooking us up...A regular Junk food Buffet.. ;D

rufus

If you are talking food you guys need to eat at Millie's which is about a tenth of a mile west of the Best Western. There food is good and the prices are good and it is old, but clean. I have been eating there for 10 years of fishing BFL's and fishing Skeeter Opens and have not had a bad meal yet.

Dan

I'm there for sure on the 27th. Come to think of it, I think we have eaten there once before. I'm not sure though.