Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2019 MadWags Memorial Members Tournament East Sat May 11 Lake St Clair Signup

Started by djkimmel, February 13, 2019, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

2019 Spring MadWags Memorial Members
Bass Tournament East

Saturday May 11
8 AM until 2 PM - please arrive no later than 7:15 AM
Lake St Clair - Michigan waters only
Harley Ensign MDNR Ramp - end of South River Rd
Entry Fee $5 per angler 13 and older (required)
Big Bass $2 per angler 13 and older (required)
Anglers under 13 fish for free*

Open to all registered GreatLakesBass.com members.1

This is a paper tournament - catch, measure & release.*

IMPORTANT: Each boat will need a Gator Grip Largemouth Bass Weighmaster Golden Rule (GG-51) designed for bass catch and release with weight conversion based on length.2

Format is draw tournament with boater and nonboater fishing as a team. 5 biggest bass between the two or three team members will be counted to determine finish. Biggest non-bass fish brought in to weigh wins the coveted BIG UGLY prize! Fish must be in season and legally caught to count.

*Anglers under 18 must be fishing with a parent or legal guardian. Contact me with questions.

1Please note:
Family members may be able to fish together. Please contact me directly by PM, phone 810-433-BASS (2277) or email to arrange this. I would prefer family members 18 and older be a registered member of GreatLakesBass.com. I will not request that for family members under 18 and prefer not to have family members 13 and under register due to federal privacy regulations. If you have a family member that wants to fish but not be a member, please contact me privately prior to the event. Youth 17 years or younger must be participating with a parent or legal guardian. Exceptions to this will need to be discussed with me in advance. Use the contact information above please. Thank you.

2 If you don't have the correct paper tournament Weighmaster Golden Rule board (available from Gator Grip Golden Rule Weighmaster GG-51 version on ebay or GG-50 Largemouth Bass 22 inch version - the difference between the two is the GG-50 comes with the paper weigh-in slips you don't need for this event) you can use a regular board. Measure the bass based on the farthest line the tail touches or goes over. Bring the board in to me and I can come up with a closest conversion in weights for you to finish tallying your weights - FYI you probably won't get as much weight credit. Please try to get the Weighmaster board from someone or some place. I don't have any more extras and can't buy them at a discount anymore.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Nonboaters please bring life jackets to make sure we have enough. Life jackets must be worn zipped and/or buckled whenever the gas motor is running. Boater must use working kill switch when gas motor is running.

No live bait. Artificials only.

I try to make sure there are as few boats as possible with no one that knows the water. I can have a mini-seminar before we launch on where to fish for people who ask for it - DON'T BE SHY! This event is all about fun - not winning!!

This event is all about everyone catching some fish, having fun and getting to know each other, and also to honor the memory one of our greatest members - David 'MadWags' Wagensomer!!! Thank you for being members of GreatLakesBass.com.

If you have anything new or like new you'd like to donate for prize giveaways, please contact me.

Post that you are attending, and if attending as a boater or nonboater in this thread please. It is easier for me to keep track if your status is in this thread rather than only through some other contact means like PM, phone, email, etc. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

VinceR

dartag

Turns out my niece is getting married that day.    Have fun all. 

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on February 13, 2019, 09:06:31 PM

Too late for her to switch dates?!? An example of why I got married in January...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

detroit1

WAVE THERAPY

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on February 13, 2019, 10:30:21 PM

Too late for her to switch dates?!? An example of why I got married in January...

Naw been planned for 2 years.   Just got my dates mixed up.  All good though.   Going to be fun fishing a lot next summer instead of tournaments.   Might even make the journey to the famous Round Lake. 

cameraguy

Planning on fishing this one. No work scheduled for this day. We will see. Will be a boater if everything still works.
Look I even bought one of these.

Jefferson

t-bone

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Team houston

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on February 15, 2019, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on February 13, 2019, 10:30:21 PM

Naw been planned for 2 years.   Just got my dates mixed up.  All good though.   Going to be fun fishing a lot next summer instead of tournaments.   Might even make the journey to the famous Round Lake. 

If you ever want a 'guided' tour you could let me know... I would hope to be a better guide than I was last time. It doesn't take very long to 'guide' to all the spots on little Round Lake...

djkimmel

Quote from: cameraguy on March 05, 2019, 04:39:26 PM
Planning on fishing this one. No work scheduled for this day. We will see. Will be a boater if everything still works.

Where did you find one of those?!? They're hard to come by at the moment... seems pretty serious though if you went to that much trouble. You almost have to fish now... ;D

djkimmel

tjrock

21XDC

Quote from: djkimmel on March 11, 2019, 09:51:19 PM
Quote from: 21XDC on February 13, 2019, 05:00:45 PM
Pencil me in....  ;)

I may have put it in ink... (well, digital ink anyways)

Soon I can ink it... I'm working out all the dates I have now... Weddings, graduations, vacation time, etc.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

cameraguy

Quote from: djkimmel on March 11, 2019, 09:47:25 PM
Quote from: cameraguy on March 05, 2019, 04:39:26 PM

Where did you find one of those?!? They're hard to come by at the moment... seems pretty serious though if you went to that much trouble. You almost have to fish now... ;D

Bought it right from Gator Grip online. Cost around $30 with shipping.

I am planning on fishing it. I see no potential work for that day. That does not mean that something won?t come up. I don?t know what it would be at this point.

capt charlie's charters

capt charlie is there and the motley crew of T Bone is going down.