Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL ??

Started by dartag, August 10, 2008, 07:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

who won.  nothing on FLW results.  Must have been rough. there were 2 footers on lake oakland.

dashaver63

You have no idea, my boater and I got caught dead in the middle of that monsoon that hit as we tried to head in. Speared 2 that completely filled the boat, plus his motor had a bad miss in it after that and all we could do was idle speed. Sitting out there listening to the thunder crack all around us, I wasn't sure we would make it back at all. I just kept clicking my heels together saying "there's no place like home, theres no place like home". I kept looking for water spouts, luckily there wasn't any. On top of all that, 2 of my fish expired by time we got back which cost me a pound and possibly a check.

djkimmel

I wish I'd been there...

Been a while since I've seen a good waterspout!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

Chip Harrison won with 24 lbs...He was throwing crankbaits..That is the second year in a row that crankbaits have won on LSC..I have to get better with Crankbaits ;D

My boater Mike Crisp from Wisconsin took 4th..Great guy and he had us on fish all day..I ended up with 15-4 just enough to get a check..I had my opportunity to move up in the standings I just didn't get it done..Had a large fish come unbuttoned that would have helped alot..(Typical excuse though ::))

There were a ton of limits I would think at least half of the field had 5...

We didn't run far so I didn't notice the wind being too bad...There were a couple of times that I had wet feet from the waves coming over the back of the boat, but we have for sure fished in worse..Just as we were headed to weigh in things got bad so I am sure the guys with the late check in times got it a little worse than we did.

One other note..I noticed there were alot of guys that talked funny at the weigh in....LSC is definetly getting popular with the southern anglers and the reputation of our great fishery is nationwide..

See everyone at Detroit River...I can hardly wait... ;D

Dan

What was the weight cut off for a check on the nonboater side?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

TCook

Dan you got the last check
FISH HARD!!!

LAPORTE

I drop shoted in 15.5 fow all day. we just were not on them..... started close to the firecracker on the canada side @8am one 15 inch fish there the other came @2pm in the same depth out from the mile roads.... just a bad day... waves all day long coming over the back of the boat. maybe more for me because of the extra weight that i carry around..lol   My boaters boat was clean when we got done. I never seen a bilage come on so often. I was just happy it worked  ;D

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Dan

Hey Tim,
Did you find the results posted or did you stay and see them at the weigh-in? My boater was fishing the Wonder Land tournament today and after our run across the lake at the end of the day, we had a few minutes to fish out in front of Metro, but when he dropped his trolling motor in, it wouldn't work. No power at all. About that time that storm hit so we just threw in the towel at that point and headed in. I couldn't stay for the results and trophy presentation because he had to run to Cabellas to get another trolling motor and get it put on. I didn't want to hold him up, because he had to drop me off at McDonalds so I could meet up with my ride back to GR. I had a great boater!! He gave me every opportunity, and we had a lot of fun on the water. Your weight had to hold you up in the standings. Good job once again. You're having a great year! PM me and we'll compare notes.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dashaver63

I don't know, my boater has the Ranger 520 and all of the above still happened, and he is no stranger to big water, he is from Chicago and is on Lake Michigan alot. I think the driver has alot to do with how safe a boat is.

Dan

Being a BFL novice, I was wondering where the top forty go to fish. I thought I read it was in Tennessee, maybe Cherokee Lake. I was briefly cruising the FLW site and didn't find it and I knew someone on here would likely know. Just wondering.

DanM

Yep...Friday was also rough for pre-fishing. I finished 8th on the boater side. I just kept bouncing around looking for less presurred fish that were more eager to bite. I threw a G3 Xtreme Combat fishing tube with a rattle and spike-it on tails ;) for 80% of the event and 20% with a special crankbait ::).....
Fridays practice was key on my success...similar to last years event where I spent 2hrs in practice looking for something close to the ramp that would provide a 4+ on the way in....last year It didn't quite work out in the event when I lost a 5+ at the boat at the end of the day, this year I gave myself enough time for 12 casts while the storm rolled in and culled a 3# with 4+ on a crankbait at Metro.

Congrats to the winners on both sides....