Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:34:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2008 DK Fall Open

Started by Cy, July 22, 2008, 01:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Quote from: thedude on August 04, 2008, 08:30:50 AM
not a ton of parking i don't think - maybe 10-15 spots. Been a while since i've been there. i don't want to throw a wrench in the works.. if shooting for a "true" west side outing maybe something like White would be more appropriate... its been taking like 16-18lbs to win there all summer.

That would probably be more than enough parking, but it is a long ways for many. Maybe later? (And maybe you and I ought to go out there for a photo op sometime ?? ;D just to catch myself up on the cool lake - I enjoyed fishing there the few times we went despite the long drive that I usually had trouble staying awake from on the way home...)

I'm leaning towards White, Hardy or Mona right now if I can get enough participation. Probably a Saturday from the looks of the poll. I'll have some options up by the end of the week.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

10-10 Bass Busters

just fyi mona has a bad toxic algae bloom in it right now..not sure how it's affecting the fishing.  If you do white, I'd like to see no running, open to the pier heads only....just my 2 cents...that lake fishes great anyways.

djkimmel

I wouldn't want running for any new anglers and for the small number of boats we'd have and for the purpose of a tournament like this.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

chrisvmo

went to mona on sunday caught 16 pounds of smallies.....one nice largie......algie was lifted..this lake is good.....maybe muskegon with some running.....short ride to mona if I can get in.

Revtro

I like Ovid, but would prefer to do the DK somewhere else.  I can't stand the idle only speed limit on Ovid.  It makes for a long day.  I was just there BTW and got one 15" Largemouth for an entire morning's work.  It was S L O W.  But I'll show up wherever it is held. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Wolf_fisherman

Have never fished that side of the state so this is gonna b a learning experience for me.
Carpe Diem

1javelin

Just talked to Skeeterman and he said a few weeks ago Muskegon and White both had the algae on it as well, pretty nasty too he said.  I'm  game for wherever whenever, just let me know in advance so I can clear it with work and wife.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

thedude

muskegon was very bad 2 weeks ago... NEON even... i'll be out there sunday to give a report. hoping to weighin about 80lbs.

SALMON! the other pink meat. ;D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods