Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Big Ten Football

Started by cameraguy, August 27, 2018, 07:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameraguy

Who will come out on top this year?

detroit1

Hate to even guess...glad it's starting Saturday..
WAVE THERAPY

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

detroit1

WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

Maybe next year... (Go Blue!)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

cameraguy

Throwing in the towel already? Michigan hasn't even played a conference game.

Team houston

They don't pass the eye test. I hope I am wrong.

djkimmel

Quote from: cameraguy on September 18, 2018, 12:45:51 AM
Throwing in the towel already? Michigan hasn’t even played a conference game.

The writing is on the turf... but I could be wrong. I'd like to be wrong...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I guess I was wrong... so far anyways. I hate to admit the Irash are very good but they are undefeated beating teams I thought they couldn't...

Don't want to jinx 'my' team (Go Blue!!) but they are winning and winning, mostly with surprising beatdowns! Has made working the Home games MUCH more enjoyable as well!!

Of course, they have to beat ohio... that is the key every year to my winter happiness... If they do that I will take back every criticism I've made this year.

As good as they've been this year, I do see lots of room for improvement every game. Can't help seeing that.  We can be giving up 80 yard touchdown runs to anyone! Hard to not have a little anxiety when we give it up to Rutgers!?! I prefer to see less flags (been a bunch of lost touchdowns - called back), and less lapses in coverage or stretches of reduced drive and determination - the appearance of it anyways...

I would also hope the quarterback sees a few more of the open receivers at times before he panics and pulls the ball down. Seen lots of open receivers - could be more touchdowns if he would see them before or instead of starting to scramble the moment he feels pressure. He does seem to be sticking with the pass a little better lately but we know there will be some increased pressure coming up. It's great when he makes a big run, but not so great when he is stifled because he waited too long.

I seem picky and to notice the failures a lot more than all the so many great plays, but who doesn't enjoy mature, error-free play with constant hard drive and determination!?! Is it too much to ask? :)

Of course, I can be happy about a year still if we do 3 things in that year:
1) BEAT ohio!! Lose to the bucknuts and I have a hard time thinking about any other thing that happened that season...
2) Beat the Irash... they deserve to be beaten. We should beat them every time. It's a distant 2nd to #1 above but I feel a lot better when we show them. I don't even think they are really Irish. I'm Irish. I should know. So I'm still disappointed we didn't play much better and/or come back later in the game when we looked like we wanted to...
3) Beat sparty. An even more distant 3rd but they are an instate rival and things are just much quieter around Lansing when 'little brother' can't call/text/message/email/etc. their short-term memory bragging about 1 victory out of the majority that haven't gone their way. I get it... they don't have as much to brag about and everyone likes to be the Wolverines! But I NEVER call/text/message/email/etc. them when we win. Point out all you want about how they've beat us more that past 10 years... you have to hang your hat on when you can living in the Big Shadow... I've just had way more opportunity in my lifetime to return the favor and I will in the future too... I just don't want or need to. I'm a Wolverine. It's Good to be a Michigan Wolverine.

I'll be there next Saturday working the game in The Big House. Hoping we remember that Indiana has on rare occasions tried very hard to ruin our year, and even has once or twice (Coach Harbaugh should DEFINITELY remember that!!!). We have to play them like we would play any of the above 3! A good team plays every game like it is The Game! Go Blue! We don't need to 'save' anything for ohio... there's never a problem getting worked up for that Game.

I would definitely like to see us playing Northwestern again the week after in Indianapolis. What happens beyond that happens. I'll be watching them in a bowl game somewhere which helps winter pass.