Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:58:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Newbie to the site

Started by Firefighter Jeff, May 31, 2008, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

Hello Everyone, 

My name's Jeff from Mishawaka Indiana.  I love to bass fish, but don't fish tournaments.  Smallies are my favorite.  My wife and I have a camper trailer on Hamlin Lake in Ludington.  I fish Hamlin and try to get up to the Traverse City area when I can, from there.  I've found there are a lot of good fishing websites but this one makes more sense since I mostly fish Michigan.  I'm looking forward to making new friends and maybe learning a thing or two about fishing in Michigan. 
       We're heading to Ludington in the morning and to TC for an overnight the middle of the week.  Does anyone have a suggestion or report for TC smallies???  Thanks in advance for your help.
                                Jeff   

Cheetam

Welcome to the site Jeff.  Good people here and a lot of knowledge.  I can't help with Ludington or TC since I haven't been there in a few years, but I'm sure someone will chime in.
Jeff

djkimmel

Problem is... all the members from up there are out fishing and might not check in in time. From what I've gathered so far, the bass are a little behind up there, but catching up fast because of the increased light most likely. Things should be really coming on these next few weekends (I hope ;D)!

Welcome to the site. You live in Indiana with year round bass and fish in Michigan with awesome bass fishing... Man! Do you have it made!!! :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Thanks for the welcome Jeff..... it's appreciated.  Where are you from and where do you usually fish??

Firefighter Jeff

Thanks for the welcome Dj.  I know,  I waited too long to get registered and look for fishing info.  I do have a connection from TC area, a guide up there, but haven't heard from him yet.  However, I'll have the family in Ludington in July for two weeks.  :)  Maybe I'll be able to get some up to date info for that trip.
    Indiana doesn't have a closed season, but I usually get enough of a fishing fix from the trips I make to Michigan.  Try to get up to the lake at least every 3 weeks or so.  I've fished St. Clair for almost 3 days, been to Hamlin a couple times and Fremont once so far.  I do fish here in Indiana from Sept to Nov for summer run steelhead in the St. Joe river.  I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with the site.  :)       Jeff 

djkimmel

Better late than never... :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinninbug

Jeff I left you a message yesterday at the resort.  So far you haven't called me back so if you check this and you haven't gotten my message I tried to get hooked up with you to fish Hamlin.  Not to late yet I'll be fishing there thursday for our first tourney of the season. 

Hopefully we can get together if not this time when your here in July for sure!
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

Skulley

Welcome to the site Jeff.  Glad to have you.  You ought to try St. Clair and Erie one day.  Awesome fishing there, too. 

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Welcome Jeff. If you are ever in the Lake St. Clair area, look me up.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

spinninbug

Well last night was our first thursday niter,  3 hours of fun.  Jeff did call me yesterday afternoon,  we talked for a bit (of course I called him a brat cuz he was sitting on Hamlin and I was working).  I told him about our tourney that was going on and if he wanted to come he was more than welcome to.  So I get to the launch and most of the guys are there and all unloaded,  so I start getting the boat ready and start taking the cover off the boat (it rained most of the day that is why the cover was still on).  Hubby's not there yet and all those guys sat there and watched me take that cover off all by myself,  hhmmm  I would have jumped up and helped someone do that,  I know in our south central club,  I wouldn't have even had to think about asking for help someone would have jumped right in and helped me.  Well so that was kind of bothering me.  But I did it and got it ready to launch,  had to ask someone to put me in the water,  (now mind you this guy that I asked was the best man in our wedding and he wouldn't even help me with the cover)  so he gives me some grief but does unload me.  So I get tied up or so I thought and get out of the boat and go over to pay and am just standing around shooting the breeze this is the first time I have seen some of these guys since the last tourny last year. Hubby gets there and someone says Wendy your boats floating away,  dang,  so as soon as hubby got there he had to fetch the boat!   ;D So we were doing some catching up and we hear a boat coming up the lake and low and behold it's a stratus,  the right color and everything,  Jeff and his daughter did come and fish with us!  It was really great meeting him and his family.  We also made plans to get together next month when he comes up for some fishing and a cookout.  So that made up for me being upset at what happened when I got there.  The rest of the night went well hubby and I had a great time together on the water,  and we placed 2nd (lost by 4 oz,  and lost big bass by 3oz). 

So I have been meeting some of the guys from here on this board and everyone of them has been awsome.  I'm really enjoying getting to know you guys,  so much so that when fasttrack asked me to fish Hardy with him,  I jumped at the opportunity.  I'm so excited I can hardly wait for tomorrow to get here.  It was funny though,  my hubby was fine with me fishing with someone that I had never met before,  my boss on the other hand freaked right out!!!  I was laughing so hard at him.  People that don't fish just don't get it. 

I'm just having so much fun this year!! 

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

hunlee

Hi their Hunlee hear!!!!Welcome to great lake bass forum!!!!Hunlee must warn youin about this bass fishing!!!!!Many USA dollar will go away from youin just like it do from Hunlee!!!!!Hunlee is friend to all,,,Is very good looking,,,has fathered many children,,,and has a fat belly

hunlee
hulee is friend to all people

TCook

welcome Jeff, its good to see you on GLB I was wondering when you were going to sign up. This is a good group of guys and I think you will feel at home here.

TCook
FISH HARD!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Not sure if everyone I respond to will see this.... but anyway....  Hey UAW  You must have missed that I had been on St. Clair three days this year, middle of May.  Did pretty well for first time fishing in May.  I haven't been on Erie for some years though.  :(     Madwag,  thanks for the offer of looking you up.  Might take you up on it sometime.  Tim.... thanks for the welcome.  Looking forward to meeting you sometime soon.  And Wendy,  It sure was a pleasure meeting you and your husband... Terry, correct??  The girls and I are looking forward to hooking up with you in July.  Thanks for the kind words in your post.  Oh, and Paige and I WERE cutting it a little close on the start time of the tournament  lolol    Jeff

spinninbug

I was so glad that you came and we got to meet you and your family. And it was a great night on the water too.  At least you did make it in plenty of time!  I was starting to worry more about weather Terry was going to make it on time.

We too are looking foward to getting together with you in July,  our son will be here too and he's 13 so it should be a great time. 

Wendy