Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Pocket Lure Knocker

Started by 21XDC, November 17, 2017, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21XDC

Anybody use these? I have seen some and thought I should make some that fit better in your pocket or tackle box. More weight and cheaper...

3oz, 4oz and 5oz.

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Good idea.  Got my crankbait hung up a couple times Tuesday.  Luckily I got them back.

djkimmel

Have you field tested those yet??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

Not yet Dan... But soon.  :)  There are others that use similar products that cost more.... But have a good success rate.

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

djkimmel

I think I've gone the heavy weight on a clip before but overall I use the kind more often that wraps around your line with a really big weight, and either some small chains or a wire bar so it can sometimes grab a hook and pull out a really bad snag. I still loose some crankbaits and similar lures once in a while. I'm real good and getting my line into small cracks so my lures isn't even visible or reachable!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Hollada

I may need to get an extendable golf ball retriever with a lure grabber on the end for the hotponds.  Never been hung up as much as I get hung in there.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

dartag

Quote from: Hollada on December 26, 2017, 07:35:52 PM
I may need to get an extendable golf ball retriever with a lure grabber on the end for the hotponds.  Never been hung up as much as I get hung in there.

Yea but when you break the off they float to the surface.   Golf Ball Retriever is a good idea.

bigjc

I have and use multiple styles of lure retriever.  I have the Bass Pro Shops brand lure retriever that I have used to recover many a crankbait.  I also have the Tiptons Golden Retriever, which is much heavier and a better design.  I keep each of these on an old, broken rod, using the reel to retrieve the slack line.  I also keep and extendable "gig" style pole retriever, that extends to about 12 feet.  This style works excellent in shallowish water.

Lure retrievers pay for themselves many times over, with lures costing as much as they do today. 

I have always wanted to find the pocket knocker style, like the ones you guys have mentioned, and I will definitely pick one up.

J. C.

21XDC

If I remember, I will try and bring some to Bobs swap meet to give away.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

djkimmel

bigjc

Quote from: 21XDC on November 17, 2017, 08:15:10 PM
Anybody use these? I have seen some and thought I should make some that fit better in your pocket or tackle box. More weight and cheaper...

3oz, 4oz and 5oz.

I would buy a few!

djkimmel

I told 21XDC he should open a custom fishing lures and tackle business - maybe full-time!!

21XDC

Been there, Done that... Got many t-shirts.  :o
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

dartag

I needed one yesterday.   Lost the only Rattletrap I brought to Florida on something in the pond I was fishing.   Good thing the Senkos are working pretty good.   Did see a bass making a bed yesterday. 

djkimmel

Quote from: 21XDC on January 16, 2018, 05:01:13 AM

Been there, Done that... Got many t-shirts.  :o

You could do it... maybe sell your best designs to the big-time companies!?! There are people who almost no one knows writing songs that famous singers sing. You could be the fishing equivalent - the unknown GENIUS behind all the hottest new lures!!

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on January 16, 2018, 07:29:56 AM
I needed one yesterday.   Lost the only Rattletrap I brought to Florida on something in the pond I was fishing.   Good thing the Senkos are working pretty good.   Did see a bass making a bed yesterday. 

Lucky you for being around bedding bass! Pretty sure are bass are also spending some major time 'in bed.' Sitting there doing nothing in the freezing water a good part of the day.

Meanwhile... wonder if you lost your Rattletrap to a gator?!? Big Mo maybe... ;D

21XDC

>:( I'm so mad at myself... I made over 100 these to give away and forgot to take them to the swap meet.... I took a bunch of other lead products, blade baits, etc and left the lure knockers on the table.  >:(

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

1BADAIR

You were too excited to get to the show

21XDC

Someone try and remind me to bring them to the Mad Wags tournament. 
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max