Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:02:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

My first try painting swimbaits

Started by joshimoto son, March 24, 2008, 10:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshimoto son

It looks like I should take a photography class.

I tried to get a picture of these things that would do justice. They look soooo much better than in the pic.

The paint isn't too difficult to work with, I learned a lot just after the first time. They should be getting better.

take a look as I did a different variation on each one. I think I like number one the best overall.

joshimoto son ;D

joshimoto son

Yeah,

Just did the "check to make sure" look on the post.

The pic shows them being MUCH darker than they really are... so try to imagine them lighter.

joshimto son ;D

Cheetam

Yeah, you need some photography lessons... ;) From what I can tell, they look good.  How durable do you think the paint will be?

You should bring a couple to WMW this weekend, I'd like to check them out.
Jeff

joshimoto son

I'll do that Jeff.
I never encountered any of the problems that they were talking about on TU either. after reading that stuff, I was really scare to use it.

No problems other than user error.

joshimoto son ;D

dmills4124

Hey josh thats cool. Maybe someday I'll be doing that. I like the first one you did. Kim says she likes the second one better.
  Man Our first disagreement. LOL
later
don AND Kim m

djkimmel

How about this version?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Josh,
I like the #2 the best. 
What day and time are you coming to WMW?  Or are you?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

joshimoto son

Ricker,
I'll be there both days... all day...s...

Dan,
That works a little better, but once you see them, you'll understand my photographic deficientcies.
I'm also going to try to make some more up since I've gotten a little more comfortable with the paint.

I'll bring 'em

See you there.

joshimoto son ;D

dashaver63

For what it's worth, I like the first one better. Just the way the latteral line is even with the middle of the eye and is not as heavy and dark as the rest. Great job on all of them though, they look like fish catchers! Are they hollow bodies?

joshimoto son

Yeah... definitely hollow bodies... definitely...

sorry, just a little Rainman coming out. :D

I read up on how to knock off the basstrix and succeeded.
These are really fun to make, but I now see why they're so expensive.

I like the first one too. It's all really going to depend on what they look like in the water.

joshimoto son ;D

djkimmel

Josh - I can only do so much with someone else's work... and the 10 minutes I had available ;D

See everyone Saturday/Sunday!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

joshimoto son

Dan,
It's hard to take something brown and lumpy with a little corn in it and make it look like a million bucks. ::)
See you in a couple of days.

joshimoto son ;D

djkimmel

bigjc