Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:40:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Rod Prices

Started by Durand Dan, March 26, 2008, 08:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much have you paid for the majority of your rods?

Over $300
1 (2.3%)
$200 to $300
5 (11.6%)
$150 to $200
10 (23.3%)
$80 to $100
16 (37.2%)
under $80
9 (20.9%)
$101 to $149
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: April 05, 2008, 10:53:47 PM

McCarter

I got 2 "man" rooms.  One is our little bait pouring shop.  the other is a little hole in the wall bar and restraunt in novi.....some call it confrence room H. 

In all seriousness, i have been looking at all my options on getting a boat or at least getting mine fixed so i can use it and i am coming up with nothing.  So i am a little down about the whole situation.  All i want to do and all i have wanted to do for the past 4 years is get back in the BFL as a boater this time and see how i do.  But everytime i fix one thing on my boat, something else breaks. 

But most of my 'venting' was in jest.  I know how lucky i am to have a nice home, food on the table, a healthy daughter, and a sometimes supportive of my fishing wife.  But it would be nice to have a boat, too. 

8 14 year old girls in one house???  that could get ugly.  I remember when my little sister used to have sleepovers with all her little junior high school friends.  I dont miss those days.  One minute there laughing next minute there crying and it always ends with someone calling the other one fat. 

McCarter himself :-\'

cr

Hey McCarter, I for one enjoyed your rant/venting and recognize it for what it is , cabin-fever. I especially liked the math ,times pi ? Plus I see no sense in spending all that money NASA goes through to see if theres dust in space .But your boat sounds like a collecters item and could be quite valuable . Do you have it insured? You never know what might happen , but better safe than without a boat , or something like that. But any day now the ice will recede , global warming or not ,  you'll be fishing and this will all seem like a bad dream . A longgggg bad dream .

djkimmel

Quote from: McCarter on March 28, 2008, 12:09:13 PM
... I need a boat payment of about $200-$250 a month.  I could probaly get that if i financed a used boat for 20 years.  And with the interest rates right now that would come out to approximatly.......

$28,000 x 8.25% x 240 monthes x pie / the circumfrence of the moon.........carry the 4..........=$142,000  i will end up paying for the boat once its all said an done.

To clarify... what kind of pie? I really like cherry, maybe my favorite, although apple used to be particularly with a big scoop of vanilla hogann dos (made my Microsoft, also makers of the circumfrence of the moon...) but will not turn down lemon marange, chocolate, strawberry or blueberry either... would the specific type of pie make the boat more... or less expensive??

And whos to blame for these inflated prices?  I have it narrowed down to 3 groups.

1)  the terrorists.  this ones a no brainer.  everything turned to crap after 9-11.  They should take up fishing.  WHo has time to blow up the world when theres fish to be caught, right?  So, shut your stupid faces al quida, al jazeer, hamas, la shish, and any of you other pansies. 

I noticed you did not specifically name bananarama... they've GOT to be mixed in there somewhere...??

2) Tom Crusie and all the other Scientologists.  Your not fooling anyone.  Your nothing more than a well funded cult and I hate your stinking guts with your hollywood movies and your VIP parties in the hottest clubs with all the hot chicks you want.  We're not aliens!  L. Ron Hubbard is waiting for you on the mothership, drink your Kool-Aid

Disclaimer: The opinions stated by persons on GreatLakesBass.com are not necessarily the opinions and/or positions of GreatLakesBass.com. Please do not sue and/or put the Scientology hex whammy on me like you did the country of Germany... or those martians... please. (bananarama would be a worthwhile target maybe...?)

3) Nasa.  Im not sure exactly, but i have a feeling they are up to no good. 

I concur... can't be a coincidence that they launch a satellite towards the outer solar system... and SUDDENLY the rings around Saturn are disappearing?!? :o I suspect they may be giving the material to the scientologists...

or possibly bananarama...  either way... the Germans are in serious trouble!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

Man, I hope Al Gore, Rush Limbaugh or Tom Cruise doesn't visit here! This would be the next big debate on CNN.

Skulley

You think we got a little of the subject of "Rod Prices" here???  Not that it matters.  It is always good to relieve that pent up stress caused by winter.    ;)

BD               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com