Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Today is a glorious day.

Started by thedude, March 19, 2008, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

found out today we didn't own uncle sam any money and are actually getting some back... thus freeing up funding for a new 797c2 SI unit.
i'm stoked.

plus Jody @ humminbird has informed me i can update the software in my current 'bird i use on the bow and can synch to waypoints between the two... so i don't have to buy another one.

anyone got any 10% off at cabelas coupons? :)

special thanks to Wayne Carpenter to talking it up at the GR show with me to help convince the wife it was a good investment and to Jody for the suberb customer service!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

1javelin

D and R is having there big show this weekend, maybe they will have a deal there.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Cy

Dude,

Shop on line...prices are good and you don't have to pay sales tax.  I'm sorry I missed you at GR show.

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

BryanP

Come over to D&R this weekend and buy locally.  They will have some good deals.

TCook

I found this one for $859 shipped from a power seller on ebay, Plus if you have an ebay account I think everyone gets 10% off your next purchase which ends March 28th. $775 is not a bad price to pay for a new 797c2 SI!

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUMMINBIRD-797c2-SI-COMBO-COLOR-DEPTH-FISH-FINDER-GPS_W0QQitemZ280210546683QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
FISH HARD!!!

thedude

10% if you use your ebay credit card... still pretty good though
i was looking at cabelas because i get 25$ off and then another 5% back in cabela's points. I used to get a bunch of promo codes like triple points etc... that would be 150$ back... and pay for the 99$ interlink module.

how long does the d&r event last? i'll be in Indiana fri-sun for easter weekend... but i have to drive down to kalamazoo sometime next week for work
Palehorse Custom Rods

TCook

The email I got on ebay said 10% off (up to $1000 purchase) if you use paypal before March 28th and gave me a redemption code.
FISH HARD!!!

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

thedude

Tim - found it
http://pages.ebay.com/celebrate/
its a limit of 25$ off though :(
still a good deal. thanks!
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

Bryan,

I will be at D&R this weekend.  If the price is right I would seriously consider buying one.  I would rather buy local but it can be hard to compete with online pricing.  Never the less a $100+ in sales tax kinda sucks.  Either way assuming you are going to be there I am looking forward to meeting you.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

thedude

d&r has it in the flyer for 999$
not really a sale price, but there is other great deals in there. Says the sale prices are good for a few weeks so i will probably stop in later in the week. hopefully they have some good stuff left.
Palehorse Custom Rods

Berkley

I bought my 797c2 unit from the seller that Laporte mentioned. I didnt have a problem at all with the seller. They shipped fast with UPS. I think I got mine for about 850 + shipping.

thedude

WYOMING,
MI,  US    04/03/2008    5:20 A.M.    OUT FOR DELIVERY

From the ups website... can't wait, gonna try it out on lake michigan during our first salmon tourney on saturday. i used the ebay guy, he's fast, i ordered sunday night.
I got my interlink and software update cables yesterday too ;D
picking up an 06 navionics chip for it too
Palehorse Custom Rods

Dan

Will that unit use a Lakemaster Chip. I was at the Lowrance Schoola and they had the Navionics up on a machine and the Lakemaster and there was no contest between the two with Lakemaster having much more detail.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

thedude

navionics premium is pretty cool, but i haven't seen them next to lakemaster which i think only works w/ lowrance and garmin

at any rate... i just need basic contours, not worth the extra $150 for the premiums...

btw.. i have it hooked up in the kitchen. man... its sweet.
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

Well, I did it.  I purchased my 997 this afternoon.  I bought it from the "poor fishing" guy on Ebay.  It should be here in a few days.  Now I just have to find time to get my boat out of storage and get it installed.  Jobs suck!  It really cuts into my screwin' off time.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

dmills4124

We will get one, we will get one, we will get one.
Am I supposed to be clicking my heels together while repeating that mantra over and over? Do I have to face a certain direction or just stand in front of the display units? Are My eyes supposed to be closed?
Any advice is greatly appriciated.
Thanks ya'll
don m

Cy

Did you remember to put on your "fishy" slippers!
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

thedude

poor fishing.. thats where i got mine... fast and free shipping, can't beat that.
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

I know VinceR got his Humminbird from that guy too.  I figured if you both had good luck with him I would give it a shot. 

Free Shipping!  I had to pay for mine.  What's up with that? 
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net