Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

June 7, 2008 Michigan BFL Burt/Mullett Marina/Launch site changed

Started by djkimmel, March 18, 2008, 01:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Due to circumstances local to the Cheboygan area, the Michigan BFL Burt & Mullett tournament marina/tournament launch for the Saturday June 7, 2008 event has been changed to Aloha State Park. The pre-tournament meeting will still be held at the Cheboygan Wal-Mart.

Aloha State Park is a large and beautiful campground with a 2-banger ramp and a large soft-bottomed harbor on the NE part of Mullett Lake. Located at the end of M-212 off of N M-33 about 6 minutes south of old US 27 and 12 to 15 minutes south of the Cheboygan Wal-Mart, this will be an excellent location for our event thanks to unprecedented cooperation from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources with regard to parking and tournament weigh in setup.

The Bass Federation of Michigan state championship will still be held on Sunday June 8, 2008 on Mullett Lake also from Aloha State Park particularly thanks to the work of Michigan BFL tournament director Anthony Wright.

Any questions about Aloha, just ask. I've stayed their many many times for almost 20 years.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Jighead

Suhweeeet!  No long idle down (or up?) the Cheboygan.  Better call tomorrow and make my reservations at Aloha.
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

motocross269

It's actually not a bad launch as long as guys don't Dilly Dally around and get out of the canal and into the main lake ASAP....
I would say it is a big improvement over launching in the river.

Jighead

Guessing they will have boat check at the steel wall near the end of the 'lagoon'.  Whatever they plan, I would like to see them not let anyone launch until boat check is open.  That would let guys get the heck out of there and make room for others.  And maybe regulate the flow of the launch to eliminate a big jam.

As well as things went for the most part at Fort Madison, they made a HUGE mistake.  They let guys start launching before boat check was open, and they filled the darned marina.  Boats coming up to boat check couldn't, because of the constant flow of more boats coming in.  A big mess that could have been avoided by letting boats check and get out.
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

SethV

Good move not making us idle up the river.  I am glad it will be at Aloha.

Jighead-  Good point about boat check.  At Ft Madison it seemed that they waited a long time the first day before they opened boat check.  You are right, if boat check would have been open sooner it would have been nice.  I like to go through boat check as soon as I am off the trailer, before i pick up my co-angler.

stackenem

As it stands right now I will be camping up there from Tuesday till Monday I am doing the bfl and the tbf. If anybody need a place to crash let me know I can get 3 or 4 in my tent.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

skeeterman190

Hey thats awesome. I talked to one of my buddies and he said the idle sucked so im glad we dont have to now. I put a thread about this earlier but are there any good cabins on this lake mullet i found the one on the river between the two and was gonna call them but was wondering about anything else. How is the camp ground?? do they have showers and all that good stuff?-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

dashaver63

The thing that got me last year idling out was how long it took against that current, going back in was a breeze. Glad to be going out of the main lake this year.

Jighead

Quote from: skeeterman190 on March 19, 2008, 03:41:48 PM
Hey thats awesome. I talked to one of my buddies and he said the idle sucked so im glad we dont have to now. I put a thread about this earlier but are there any good cabins on this lake mullet i found the one on the river between the two and was gonna call them but was wondering about anything else. How is the camp ground?? do they have showers and all that good stuff?-skeeterman-
I've stayed at the Cottages on Veery Point on ice fishing excursions.  Decent places with lots of room to sleep many.  Not sure how accomodating the road going in and out would be for a boat trailer, though we pulled a snowmobile trailer in there no problem.

Aloha's pretty nice, I guess.  Nice showers, good shaded sites are available.  I'll be there Monday thru Sunday.  Got me some waterfront property right on the canal so I don't have to trailer each night.  And you can't beat camping right at the launch and weigh-in site for back-to-back tournys  ;D 
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

Vic Cerabone

Glad I booked my camp site for the week already!  The launch is tight, but I'm sure they'll manage it well.
NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details07.php?division_id=88

C-Sports Optical Pro Staff - Rx Sunglasses

stackenem

can you park your boat on the campsite or do you have to keep it somewhere else?
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

motocross269

If you get a deep enough campsite I would think you could keep it  right there...

Vic Cerabone

I am sure you can keep you rig at your site.  my 20'5" ranger plus my dodge ram are about 40 ft.  Look for a site that will hold a 40ft trailer.  The camp was nearly full last week, better hurry.

djkimmel

Plenty of sites you can back your boat into and most sites you can park your boat if you unhook.

Vic, not sure about the camp was almost full comment? There are 285 sites and that is slow season still for them. Memorial weekend can be very popular. And then things don't pick back up until close to the 4th of July.

According to http://www.midnrreservations.com/campgrounds/ most of the sites are still available.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

I already have a room at the Pine River Motel if any co-anglers want to share a room for a night. It is 10 miles from Aloha and bout 2 from the Walmart.

stackenem

I have a reservation at the campground from the 3rd to the 9th if anyone is interested in staying in a tent. I have the lot right across from the boat launch. Give me a pm if you are interested.

Bill

SODY

I stayed there last year and think it will be just fine especially if they let us go through boat check and park in front of the beach area until take-off, Dan it seemed like their were two launches the one at the entrance and the two holer in the back that I was using, do you remember if there was one by the general store, if so this would really speed things along.

Vic Cerabone

Yeah Dan, my comment may have been a bit inaccurate.  I'm was booking for the entire week, and looking for a big site.  I' d still book soon.  It will be here before you know it, and I cannot wait  ;D 

djkimmel

Quote from: Vic Cerabone on March 22, 2008, 10:42:51 AM
Yeah Dan, my comment may have been a bit inaccurate.  I'm was booking for the entire week, and looking for a big site.  I' d still book soon.  It will be here before you know it, and I cannot wait  ;D 

A lot of the sites are 40 feet or close to it. No sense in waiting too long, but there are many places to stay in Cheboygan too (Chamber: 800-968-3302). Or down in Indian River (Chamber: 800-EXIT 310).

djkimmel

Quote from: SODY on March 22, 2008, 12:07:02 AM
I stayed there last year and think it will be just fine especially if they let us go through boat check and park in front of the beach area until take-off, Dan it seemed like their were two launches the one at the entrance and the two holer in the back that I was using, do you remember if there was one by the general store, if so this would really speed things along.

I think there is an old unimproved boat ramp down the end of that road by the old pier, but I thought it was dry now? I don't really know since I've never gone to the end of that road and only fished by the pier a couple times. I think I've only seen very small aluminum boats down there? I don't believe it is state park property.

There's still the small MDNR ramp in the NW corner of the lake next door to the marina. It has a self pay station now. One trailer ramp and parks 20 to 25 trailers.

There's another small MDNR one hole ramp on the north side of Round Pt off M-33 on Boy Scout Rd I believe. Limited parking. Been a while since I launche there. Maybe parking for 10? It's just around the other side of Needle Pt from the state park.