Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kent Lakee Bass Anglers

Started by McCarter, March 19, 2008, 12:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Last years end of the season trial run seemed to go pretty good.  We started off slow but after a few tournaments grew to 12 boats.

This season will be the same but we will start off fishing every other Tuesday until we wind down to the end of the season in which case we will probably start fishing every Tuesday in October and into November if we have open water.  Only if people want to tho.

Here is the Schedule we worked out.

May 27
June 10
June 24
July 8
July 22
August 5
August 19
Sept 2
Sept 16
Sept 30
Oct 14
Oct 28

All times are 5 pm - 8 pm unless you guys want to fish later if there is light.  We can work out the details on all that later.

We will launch and weigh in from the east boat launch.

Two man team event $30 entry and $10 big bass.

100% payback.

Those of you who fished last year and are planning on fishing again this year, let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the experience for you. 

Also, if you guys want to do a point system or anything like that for a end of the year Qualifier type tournament, lets get the ideas rolling now.  Otherwise, we can just show up and fish.  I dont care either way, as long as i can get out of the house and fish i am happy.

Brian & Kev themselves :-\'

cr

Sounds like fun to me , still working on my schedule but will try to make as many as I can fit in . Had fun last year , great group of people and well organized . Points / No-points , I don't care , just want to fish and have fun.   See ya there........Charles

dartag

might have to make a few of them,

noticed a couple of things.
June 24 there is an NBAA on kent.
the 2 Aug 4, 18 are on mondays.??

at least it is close to work for me. 

maybe fish till 8:30 so us old guys can get to bed...

McCarter

Oops! Looked at the calander wrong.  The August events should read 5th and 19th.  Thank you wise old muskateere. 

The NBAA, as far as i know, launches from the west boat launch.  I had a bunch of NBAA fish with us last year, and they all wanted me to change the tournaments to wednesday nights so they could fish both.  Problem with that is, we might get too big and being that this is mainly a low key fun club or whatever, if it gets too big and politics start making there way into it, Kev and I will have too much to deal with to do it all for free.  So, sorry NBAA dudes but tuesday night it remains.

We will work around them.  We fished with them last year on the same day and didnt have any problems that i know of.

McCarter himself :-\'

Lightningboy

Might be able to make June 10th.  Have to check on timing, but I'm pretty sure for halfway thru September on.

Not a lot of fall tx's around.  I don't get it, best fishing of the year, usually the biggest bags.  Nice weather, pretty colors, empty lake.  But everyone else takes their ball & goes home... :-\'

McCarter

fishing season ends when hunting season begins for a lot of people.  I stick to fishing cuz im too much of a sissy to kill animals.  Plus, the fishing gets a little easier in the fall and i need all the help i can get.

Durand Dan

I wanted to get involved last year but never made it. I'm looking forward to fishing with you guys this year.

bosshawg

FYI - You might want to check NBAA, Div.57 Tuesday nites. We are doing Kent this year.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

jcox7

Brian looks great plan on myselg and ryan fishing most this year.  Who cares is NBAA will be on the lake the same day,  if they were smart they would come fish with you 100% payback is way better than whatever they pay back.  They are just afraid of me being on the water and they should be LOL  :D :D :D

Cheetam

Jeff

dartag

Quote from: jcheetam on March 22, 2008, 09:50:57 PM
What's a Lakee?

remember B is talking baby talk now.  i think he meant Lakee Wakee. 

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

bosshawg

Quote from: bosshawg on March 21, 2008, 07:35:51 PM
FYI - You might want to check NBAA, Div.57 Tuesday nites. We are doing Kent this year.

BM, I might have jump the gun w/this and apparenty you've done your homework and looking at your schedule and other posts here today, you only got the one date w/57's schedule - SNBD....just a few x-tra boats out there. Kent has seen way more for sure. Maybe to make one of yours one nite when 57 is at whitmore - i'm beginning to dis-like that lake...
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

McCarter

No worries BH ;)  We are small enough and easy enough that we arent going to worry about another tournament being out there with us.  Thats the beauty of kent lake anyway, not only do you have all the shoreline to fish, but the offshore stuff is fishable as well. Im sure we can all find a spot or 2 out there when the time comes.  I might lock down to the huron and make the long trip to belleville if it gets too crowded tho.