Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kellogsville Sportspersons Club tourney schedule for 2008

Started by Waterfoul, January 31, 2008, 01:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Rich just handed me a schedule for this years tournies. There is one major change this year: There will be a $25 membership fee. Anyone fishing their tournies will have to pay it (there is one exception for a substitute). Tourney fees remain $35 per boat (includes big bass). You are responsible for any ramp fees.

May 24 Croton Pond
June 7 Hardy Pond (Brower Park)
June 21 White Lake (north side ramp)
July 5 Muskegon Lake (Fishermans landing)
July 19 Grand River (144th by Stearns Channel)
August 2 Muskegon Lake (Fishermans Landing)
August 16 Hardy Pond (Brower Park)
August 17 Classic at a lake to be announced after the Aug. 16 weigh in.

Some of the basics:
All tournies begin at 6:00 am and end at 12:00 noon.
Life jackets must be worn when gas motor is running.
Lake Michigan is off limits. Pier heads are as far as you can go.
Dead fish = 1/4 pound deduction

If you want the complete rules you can go to their website or stop in to Gander Mountain (Grandville or Kentwood) for a flyer. This is a very well run club with good payouts. They pay a 1st and 2nd big bass.

Their website rules are here:

http://sportspersonsclub.kcrc.org/2007%20Tournament%20Rules.doc
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Ranger93

It's a great schedule.  Can't wait for it to start. 
Ranger "Still building legends"

Waterfoul

Quote from: Ranger93 on February 02, 2008, 10:17:20 PM
It's a great schedule.  Can't wait for it to start. 

Yeah, I like it too.  I'll probably do all of them except the one on the Grand.  I don't know the river at all for fishing (I could run the entire thing blindfolded at 70 mph though!) and my boat isn't fast enough to run to spring lake or the gravel pits really.  I'll probably go up to the cottage that weekend for a "break" LOL!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Cy

You don't need to go to the gravel pit and as far as I am concerned you don't want to go to Spring Lake.  There are fish all over that river, you really can catch them anyway you want to.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Ranger93

I agree, me and my partner didn't run to Spring Lake.  Stayed in the Bayous and did real well.
Ranger "Still building legends"

thedude

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Waterfoul

Quote from: thedude on February 17, 2008, 03:37:56 PM
too bad you can't run up to Jupiter bridge eh mike? :D :D

Yeah, there's this 10' dam in the way!!!  But my boat's not that big... maybe I could get up the ladder??

Cy

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 18, 2008, 08:20:43 PM
Quote from: thedude on February 17, 2008, 03:37:56 PM
too bad you can't run up to Jupiter bridge eh mike? :D :D

Yeah, there's this 10' dam in the way!!!  But my boat's not that big... maybe I could get up the ladder??

I'd like to see that...let me know when you are going to try!  ;)

I think I am going to fish some of the Kellogsville tournaments.  I will see you guys on the water, if not before.

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

fasttrack

Hey guys, this is Marc - you might call me the co-director of this series. Rich (director) and I fished together last year and we ran all the events. We also planned this new schedule/rules/etc together. Glad to hear some good feedback on the schedule, etc. I will admit that we had a 'friendly disagreement' about a couple things when planning this year and I lost! But as long as everyone else is happy....
I had hoped to do another 'away' event to break the monotany, skip a date or two in mid-summer (especially the July 5 date where many will be busy) and maybe go a little later into the calender. To keep the payouts at 100% and cover expenses, we had to do something for $$. Donations and t-shirt sales were way down last year. It's either pay the membership or cut the payout - we chose the former. All the discounts in the membership should more than pay for itself anyways.

About the Grand River: While I know the river better than Spring, Rich and I won it last year in Spring. Thank goodness a couple others beat us to our starting spot because we caught everything in a couple hundred yard stretch in our secondary spot! we even got to throw back a few fish over 2lbs. Since Rich is fishing with his wife this coming season and has a faster boat than me, I suspect I will be joining most of you and sticking to the river. Due to boat issues, we only fished about half the tournament and hung out by the ramp.

A few of us 'regulars' are talking about having an informal paper tourney - maybe early May on Hardy or Muskegon - if any of you are interested, let me know.
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Eric

www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

fasttrack

Eric,
Hey - Been meaning to get in touch with you anyways. Hope all is well! Since I don't have a regular partner setup for this year, I am certainly open to hooking up with you if you're available for a couple of them. I tentatively have plans already for the Croton and the first Muskegon tourney, otherwise I was just going to either fish alone, take one of my boys or my dad. So let me know if any of them might work for your schedule. And actually, that spot on Spring wasn't too terribly far from a spot you once gave me.

I'm pretty pumped about some of the others too. I stumbled on a decent technique on Hardy last year that I never hear/see anyone else doing and I found what I think is a pretty dependable area on Muskegon. The only one I'm worried about is White - I haven't been on it in quite a while but it always seems to be a slugfest of 2-2 1/2 lb fish. I will need to do some extra homework/practice for that one. Give me a call if you still have my number (or email me).
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil