Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Going Nuts!!!!!!!!

Started by bassinman#1, January 06, 2008, 04:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassinman#1

Is it me or does every person out there that loves to bass fish is going nuts because they are not in their bass boat catching smallmouths and largies. All I do is watch bass fishing shows and go to BPS and cabelas picking up crankbaits, worms , spinnerbaits, jigs, etc. and spending money I cannot afford just to appease my inner, compassionate, feelings about the sport of Bass fishing. I cannot wait untill spring. Sometimes I tell the wife " lets sell out and move south" just so I can fish all year long, but she just does not understand!!!!!!!HA HA. AM I THE ONLY ONE TAHT FEELS THIS WAY? OR IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS THIS SAME PROBLEM?

LGMOUTH

You are not alone brother, you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

fiker

You are certainly not alone.

Instead of counting sheep, I fish various holes on area lakes and replay fish caught last season.

I drive down the road and "cast" to mail boxes and the like.

When you can't go fishin' ya buys fishin stuff.
When you can't buy fishin stuff ya watches it on TV.
When you can't watch it on TV, ya reads about it.
When you can't read, ya dream.

This is my theme song.

No, you're not alone.

And we've got 4 months to go..........

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bosshawg

it is a rough time of the year for sure. i've gone out already to use my x-mas gift cards from gander mtn, sportsman warehouse...now i have to wait it out to spring before i can use my new gear. my schedule for the year is set w/club & nbaa tournaments, still sorting thru gear and organizing and in process of constructing a "fishing office/room". there's only so much you can read & watch before you go stir crazy. and now we got the fishing shows coming up next weekend....THINK SPRING!
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bassinman#1

Thanks guys, my wife understands now!!!!!!!!! she knows there is more phsycotic bass nuts other than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Johnson

:D :D :D I was just on erie last sunday in my skeeter and cought 9 bass ;D
you guys are hosed if your already going nuts...better take up knitting  :D

sorry couldnt help but rub it in  :-*
Go Big or Go Home!

Waterfoul

Caught my last bass on November 15th.  Since that day all the days have run together... taking forever to end!!!

One good thing that will soon be happening:  Fishing Shows!!  Novi, Lansing, Grand Rapids, etc....
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

i caught a 16" bass jan 1st finesse fishing on a local lake.... 1/64th out jig on 1lb test ;D

fortuneatley there's only one thing i love more than catching bass and thats killing ducks and geese. So i get until the end of jan to do that.. then a snow goose hunt end of feb and by April i'll be fishing down by indianapolis until i'm allowed to around here.

in the meantime, ice fishing will have to do... i've also taken up rod building. fun hobby, finished wrapping my first rod today... i can envision myself spending a lot of money on this hobby too... but hey, its easier to justify buying expensive rods to the warden, er uh, wife... if you can buy them in 3 separate 50$ purchases   8)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Bender

I've taken up pouring baits as a hobby, it is nearly as addictive as fishing itself! Also I've started ice fishing this year. And, when the wife is finished with school (again) next year, we may need to move south for her to get a good job.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Hooksetter

Yea, the winters are definately too loooong around here! I just got 4 of my reels back from reel_man on Friday. I already got em back on the rods and spooled up with fresh line. Now I just gotta find the right used boat.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

bigjc

I am glad to know that I am not the only bass freak out there.  I must have 100 videos in my library, but you can only watch soo many videos, and go thru your tackle soo many times, and by mid Jan.  I am a grumpy ol' son of gun.  I really hate MI winters.  Especially with gas at $3.10 a gallon, who can afford to just up and head to alabama or florida or tx.

Killin' time, til April,

JC

djkimmel

I went ice fishing for the first time in years on Saturday. Way better than watching it on TV!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skip Johnson

Ive thought about moving out of state, Im from southern cal and the last 3 years of being here have realy tried my patience between the lack of work and loooong cold winters, I totaly hate the long winters in michigan thats harder for me to deal with than being broke from the struggeling economy....BUT....the incredible bass fishing in michigan is a strong selling point for me!
being from so cal and traveling to ALOT of states fishing bass I have a good reference point and let me tell you michigan is trueley one of if not the finest bass fishery in the country!

sure so cal has tons of 10 lb plus bass Ive cought alot of them and yes it has several world record bass swimming around as I type this but in actuality all those lakes are very small and extremeley over pressured and not open 7 days a week either.
the average tournament limit is between 10 to 15 pounds and a 10 fish day is considered a good to great day.
Ive found the southern lakes to be about the same as the south west lakes meaning a 12 to 15 lb day and maybe 10 to 20 fish is about average to good for the guy that knows what hes doing.

Ive been to florida alabama georgia kentucky tennesee texas arizona and of course california and my best days in any of those states dont compare to an average day on lk st clair/st clair river erie huron saginaw bay burt/mullet and traverse bays.

when I keep that in mind and perspective it helps me get through these darn loooong michigan winters.....BUT..... I WILL BE GOING NUTS BY THE END OF JANUARY JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU ;D

just trying to give you all something to hold onto to keep your sanity and wait out the long winter, the grass isnt much greener on the other side.lol

p.s. if someones got the gas money I will supply the rig...............TO GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE :D
Go Big or Go Home!

Kzoduckman

I feel your pain....

My neighbors think I'm a little crazy because when the temp gets above freezing I'll go out in the front yard and practice casting in the snow.  I'll start going trough my tackle boxes to reorganize and sharpen/ replace hooks next week, and finish cleaning reels.  But when I get truly desperate I'll go Ice fishing (that usually helps calm the fishing fever for a few weeks.)

dashaver63

Hey Cast-n-Blast, I know what you mean about So. Cal. I was stationed in San Diego (Navy) back in the 80's and it was terrible only being able to fish Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not to mention waiting in line just to get into the lake, then having to be off the water at a certain time when the lake closed. I fished Jennings, Lower Otay, El Capitan, and Hodges alot and you're absolutely right. A 10 fish day was outstanding and anything over a 12lb. limit was a good day. Ahh the memmories.

Skip Johnson

oh yeah I forgot to mention camping in lines the night before every tournament waiting for the gate to open so you could get launched and make blast off. I hated that part.

nice ramps though and power loading is totaly normal, I was amazed when I moved here and seen that power loading is not permitted.
Go Big or Go Home!

bigjc

Just the other day I was telling my wife how much I hate Michigan, from Jan. 1st thru April 1st, and how maybe we should move down to the Ozarks, but then it dawned on me that .......IF Al Gore and his Mad Scientist cronies are correct about global warming, then MI should have the perfect year-round climate in about 5 years or so.....WAAHOOO!!!

I bet that would spark a housing boom that even Gov. Jenny couldn't screw up :) :D