Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:45:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The Bass Federation of Michigan 2008 State Championship Jun 8 Mullett Lake

Started by djkimmel, December 10, 2007, 12:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Through some last minute wheeling and dealing (AND because we have the best partners any bass federation could want in FLW Outdoors), The Bass Federation of Michigan was able to negotiate a date and location for the 2008 state championship that is the best compromise available.

Date:Sunday, June 8, 2008
Location:Burt/Mullett Lakes - Lake Huron/Cheboygan River Closed at Lock
Marina:Aloha State Park* M-212 off of M-33

* Annual or daily MI state park permit needed to get into park; campsites are available at the park - call 800-44-PARKS to reserve

Entry fee is $100 per angler (includes big bass). (There will be a purely optional side pot maintained by volunteer anglers, not TBF of MI, collected prior to the event with 100% payback.)

Entry deadline to TBF of Michigan is postmarked by May 24, 2008.

All members are eligible again this year to fish as long are you belong to a TBF of Michigan club in good standing, pay your entry fee by the deadline and your club sends in an equal number of boaters and nonboaters who all participate in the event.

There is a mandatory meeting for all competitors 7 PM Saturday June 7 after the BFL tournament at Aloha SP. If you can not attend this meeting, you will need to have your club team leader contact state championship chair Brian Belevender ASAP - 248-804-9738 or statechampionship@michigantbf.com.

This is a draw format - each club must send an equal number of predefined boaters and nonboaters to avoid coin flips, but each angler gets half the day fishing their water if they want it. Anglers work this out between each other prior to the start of the fishing day.

Top 12 finishers make up the 2008 state team with the 13th place finisher traveling with the team as the alternate. First through 6th place become boaters, and 7th through 12th become nonboaters on state team. All entry money left over after expenses and big bass award is split evenly among the 13 state team members to cover divisional expenses. 2008 state team fishes this September 7 - 12 on Lake St. Clair - a GREAT year to make the state team!!!

This is the day after the Michigan BFL on that same water, so we encourage all members to consider fishing that event also. Put your FLW Outdoors membership to good use and fish a top quality even. See bfl.flwoutdoors.com for further info. I'll be there - hope to see you!

Bonus to Ranger Cup eligible members - there will be Ranger Cup money available to the highest fully qualified finisher in final standings at the state championship of up to $1,250. Also, great odds for top Ranger Cup qualified member of the state team - top fully qualified finisher at the 2008 TBF Northern Divisional Championship will receive $1,000!!! Talk about GREAT odds!! Additional bonuses and awards to be announced.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skip Johnson

Go Big or Go Home!

motocross269

Dan

Dan or anyone else out there in cyber space that can answer this. There a few guys from the west side that I have talked to that would like to get in the TBF to be able to fish the state championship. Can this still be done and if so what do you recommend that we do to hook up with a club or start one here? When is the deadline for all of this?

Thanks
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dashaver63

I wish I belonged to Michigan TBF instead of Ohio, Thats sounds like an awesome weekend.

Dan

Can you only belong to one or the other? I know you don't have to live in the state you fish for. That is, in the BASS Federation anyway.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dashaver63

I know you don't have to live in the state you fish with. Down in the southern part of Ohio, there are guy's that live in Kentucky that fish with Ohio. I think the only thing is being a member in good standing with a TBF club in that state. This will be the first year I don't fish any Ohio events due to conflicting schedules.

djkimmel

We have a number of Indiana and Ohio residents in TBF of Michigan. A southern Ohio resident made the state team last year.

TBF of Michigan does not have a limitation on who can join - clubs or members. You have to pay state dues for every club you belong to, but you can belong up to 3 clubs for national dues.

There is one TBF Inc (national) rule though that all TBF federations and members must follow - you can only participate in ONE state championship to ATTEMPT to make one state team per year. If you fish a qualifying tournament in another state, you are not eligible to fish our state championship whether you make a team or not.

Dan - the closest club to you at this time is Rapid City Bass near GR. TBF board member Jeff Kellogg (616 754 1629) is the contact for that club. You'll need to contact him as far as boater/nonboater and local qualifying for 2008 is concerned.

It is not hard to form your own club if you have 6 total anglers. My club - The Bass Boys is open to anyone who can't find a local club. Since TBF of Michigan is allowing any member to fish the 2008 state championship again, I am going by the date people pay to join the club to match up boaters and nonboaters. The only real way to guarantee you get to fish is to sign up as a boater/nonboater pair and both fish (you'll be drawn to someone else - it is a draw tournament, not pro - amatuer), but I'll match up who I can and I don't expect to have as many cancellations this year.

If you want to start a new club, we just need a club name, president and secretary, and 6 paid members. We have an Excel format roster form you can download from www.michigantbf.com and I believe we have a sample bylaws you can use to make your own - we need a copy of that once you start to send to national. If we don't have the download, then you can get it from www.bassfederation.com.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on December 10, 2007, 04:29:23 PM
Can you only belong to one or the other? I know you don't have to live in the state you fish for. That is, in the BASS Federation anyway.

Dan - do you mean one or the other state? Or one or the other federation? TBF of Michigan does not concern itself with whatever organizations in whatever state you belong to as long as you meet our simple membership requirements - pay your dues and belong to a TBF club.

Dan

Hey Lt. Dan,
When is the deadline to either join a club or start a new one in order to fish the state championship? Also, in your post above, I believe it to read that one could fish the Federation Nation state championship as well as the TBF state championship, correct?

Thanks,
Dan

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on December 14, 2007, 07:05:56 PM
Hey Lt. Dan,
When is the deadline to either join a club or start a new one in order to fish the state championship? Also, in your post above, I believe it to read that one could fish the Federation Nation state championship as well as the TBF state championship, correct?

Thanks,
Dan

What you do outside of your TBF-time is completely your business - you can fish anyone else's non-TBF event you want. If I had the time and money, I'd fish both federation championships. I'm a BASS Life member and eventually will get in another club - just not enough time to do so at the moment. I'd rather see all bass anglers belong to one federation or the other instead of none for sure!

We have not set a deadline yet, but it won't be before the general meeting in April. Last year we took entries right up until the day before the event at the BFL. I'm not sure if we will that this year again or not, but the deadline is a long ways off and everyone is eligible to fish who is a TBF member and enters the event by the deadline we do pick.

I will post any deadline on hear once we choose it.

motocross269

Dan, When you get ready to join a BASS club I am sure we can find room for you in Team Bass...We need all the help we can get to slow savage down on the Team Bass Trail..That goes for anyone else that may be looking to fish both state fish-offs..

djkimmel

okey dokey (where is Savage anyway... he used to post on here more? Too busy on the Team Bass trail?)

blakstr1

SAVAGE moved to a different job within Delphi, which meant no more internet time, oh well 8 years of surfing all day was enough!  ;D
;)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Team houston

So, who out there needs a roomate for two nights to save a little$

Jighead

My first thought when I saw it was on Burt / Mullet next year was "...aaarrrrgh!! Anywhere but there!"  But after more careful, intelligent thought I've changed my attitude.

The first BFL two years ago was the first time I had ever seen the lakes.  And with only two days of practice I didn't do so well.  Last year my team tournament partner practiced for us all week (I had other commitments) so we both did much better.

This time I am danged determined to figure it out once and for all and (1) win the BFL on Saturday and (2) make the state team on Sunday. ;D

One question I have for those that have been fishing up there for eons is this;  Is it always so darned hot up there that early in June?!?  I swear that I have never fished in such heat that early in the season in all my life.  Especially to be that far North to boot.  Is that normal or has it just been a fluke for the past two seasons?   
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

djkimmel

Fluke... but right now at this particular moment... another fluke is not a problem for me.

LAPORTE

Anyone have a spot on the floor for the night of june 7.  Im looking for a place to crash. The campground would be nice ?

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bshaner

Laporte, I have a campsite booked at burt lake state park.  It's going to be just me and a huge tent.   You'll have to sleep on the floor, unless you like the tent roof?  I dont spoon very well so I'd just take the other side of the floor as well.

PM me with your number and I'll give you mine.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844