Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:35:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

HotPond Anyone ?

Started by Mojo, November 22, 2007, 10:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

The season on white bass is open year-round.  Lots of white bass in the hot pond.   ;)

Seth
[/quote]

Thankyou for the clarification ;D

Skulley

You can catch plenty of Erie Walleye in there too.  Open all year on Erie.........walleye that is.

Oh yeah!!!  Got Fish?? What are you yelling about???  When you post in all upper case letters, on the computer, your yelling.  So don't write in all upper case or no one will talk to you.  Yell at your kids.........not us!!!  OKAY!!!!    ::)    :P     ;D      :o      ;)     ;D

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

cr

Thanks Gotfish , I feel better now . I too found out about yelling in cyberspace on this forum , from UAWBigDog . Thanks again BD , I'm much calmer now . :)

Skulley

It will pay off in the long run if you remain calm and keep the blood pressure down to a manageable level.  Take it from someone who has high blood pressure and is medicated for it.  Yelling doesn't get you anywhere.  People tend not to want to listen to people that yell all the time. 

More importantly.........Keep the blood pressure at 120 over 80.

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Just a general reminder aimed at no one in particular - Please remember not to talk about or post on fishing bass or any other fish out of season on these boards. That's all I ask. The rest is fine. Thank you.

Now - back to your regularly scheduled posting.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on April 03, 2008, 09:46:07 PM
Just a general reminder aimed at no one in particular - Please remember not to talk about or post on fishing bass or any other fish out of season on these boards. That's all I ask. The rest is fine. Thank you.

Now - back to your regularly scheduled posting.

I sent a couple of friendly PMs out there to some of the members DK because I know how you feel about that.  We all know there are a lot of eyes watching................. ;)

I sure am glad Got Fish?? stopped yelling.  He just lives down the street from me and I could hear him from my house.  That is not even a block away!!! ;)   :D   8)  You didn't have to change your post D.  Just remember for the next time.  Just remember I know you well, the other guys on the board don't.  I know how excited you get about fishing.  Did you get those hubs back on your boat trailer.  My boat is coming out of storage tomorrow.  Starting in the driveway and then a trip to the Trenton Channel for Walleye and to run the boat.  Maybe I'll catch LAPORTE down there.  He said he was headed there tomorrow.

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Hey BD - My boat is not coming to life as quickly as I had hoped. It looks like yet another weekend working on the old girl.

As I pulled into work this morning I seen a nice 20.5 Ranger just heading out to the channel....The boater told me he picked up some eyes yesterday.

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Zeman

Hey just moved up here from dallas bout a year ago,so i have no idea were to fish,so how do you get there and can you get there on foot

djkimmel

Get Got Fish?? back on the board and he's on a tear!! Keep it up Got Fish?? Don't worry about the yelling. We all get excited at times (we should anyway ;D).

Zeman - thanks for signing up on GLBass.com! Not sure if there is shore access to the hot ponds? Some of the regulars down there might know. Hang out here and see if you can find some new fishing partners.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

huston

There is access to the Hot Pond in Monroe. I've seen people and if you look at those photos, you will see a wooden pier in the background. But I don't know how to get to them.

Skulley

For access to the Hot Pond to shore fish you get off at the Front Street exit and turn right headed toward the power plant.  Go until Front Street ends at the Edison Plant.  The access to the fishing park will be to your right.  I do not know how the parking is.  We used to park on the shoulder of the road.  I hear there is a parking lot now.  There are several fishing piers in the park.

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

Quote from: Got Fish?? on April 09, 2008, 09:25:00 PM
   Not too many spots to fish from shore. May have to share a dock water is vary high. Get there early.

There are three or four fishing piers in the Hot Pond as of about 12 years ago.  They fenced in all the areas from pier to pier so that shore anglers can not go down to the waters edge.  Apparently since Edison owns the property where this fishing park is, they were concerned with liablility.  Apparently there was a drowning and the shore access areas were closed and the Edison security guards were chasing persons off the property for years.  This happened way before I ever took Got Fish?? there.  Like I have said in the past about the Hot Pond........There is no one that knows more about that place than I. I have spent countless hours there fishing from shore and boat.  I used to fish there before I owned a boat and used to catch good fish there from shore. 

There are the piers as I said which now are the only shore access points.  Edison opened these piers up just in the last 9 or 10 years.  When the piers were put in, Edison did not allow access for about two to three years.  And yes you will have to share these platforms with other shore anglers.  And yes the water is higher than I have ever seen it.  It has never been this high in the last 20 years that I can remember.  Also it is very muddy because all the rainfall we have had in the last few weeks is all coming down Plum Creek which is the creek that feeds into the Hot Pond.  For any more history, ask.....I have pages of logs and history of this place and how it came about when Edison built that two-stack coal plant there in the early fifties.

BD                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com