Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:54:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BPS Carbon Lite Rods

Started by dartag, March 21, 2016, 05:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Notice the Classic and  yesterdays Bassmaster event were won using Carbon Lite rods.   I have a couple and like them.  Anyone else use them.

21XDC

What does the rod brand have to do with winning? The rod and reel don't catch the fish. 8^)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

bassmandan

bought one at the spring classic, cant wait to use it :)
"dont stop keep fishing"

djkimmel

I've never tried them. Maybe you can show me what they're like next time we get out fishing dartag? :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Bring them to the Spring DK open and I'll fish with them!   8)

Not sure what you'll do for the day... but I'll let you know how I like them!  LOL!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Flippin222

Have used them for a few years. Light rod, good sensitivity and the price is pretty good too.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

peterman9000

They are nice - real nice! I have 3. Very satisfied. All of mine are medium action. Almost exclusively used with a tube. What I like the most is the reel seat. Usually rods have some sort of thread that really tears my middle finger apart after a while (like the white one in the pic). The carbonlite is perfect; the Abu required a little dremmel work.

DennisB.

I love mine, but don't think winning the classic with them is anything special.

spinnerbation

Quote from: 21XDC on March 21, 2016, 07:09:01 PM
What does the rod brand have to do with winning? The rod and reel don't catch the fish. 8^)

Quote from: DennisB. on March 24, 2016, 05:13:04 PM
I love mine, but don't think winning the classic with them is anything special.

I see what you guys are saying but here is my take on this. Many of the top Pro's are using the best of the best that there is. They are paid to do so. The CL Rod's while good are really considered a mid range rod at best. They are not going to be the best, the most sensitive etc. BUT, this shows that you can still be competitive without having $600 rods and $700 reels.

Having said that, I have 2 (a flipping stick and a dropshot rod) and love them. I plan to buy more because for less than $150 I haven't found a better rod.

red68prostreet

The whole thing has to do with the weight. The BPS carbon lite series is a great value. Consider this. You fish all day. How many times do you cast? According to Dave Mercer's show Fact's of Fishing he will cast as much as 1,000 times in a day. If something weighs a few ounces less that adds up to a lot of weight in a day. Same principle the pro cyclists of the Tour de France use. Their carbon fiber bikes cost over $50,000 grand each but they weigh next to nothing. They could never ride an off the shelf bike in that race. It would take too much energy. The more expensive rods & reels are lighter as well. Less weight over the long day is less energy used. That's my take

djkimmel

It makes a difference in wear and tear when you have lighter equipment. The trick for some of us is finding lighter equipment that doesn't cost the same as a Tour de France bicycle to gear up with a decent number of rod and reel combos...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

red68prostreet

I agree completely.   I have been taking advantage of the BPS spring trade in a rod & reel program the last few yrs. I now have a spin cast combo and a baitcast combo. Plus I have added several carbonlite baitcast reels for several of my favorite rods. Can't wait to get on the water. My Kentucky Lake trip is 4 wks away.

fishon1219

When speaking of fishing rod sensitivity, has anyone been able to find any real scientific data or a study to determine how sensitive a fishing rod really is? I have done a very quick intranet search and I can come up with nothing that has any real scientific data backing it up other then I can feel the vibration from flicking a piece of line tied to the tip, or putting the tip to someones throat and feeling the vibration when they talk.

If someone could find some type of data it would probably put a bunch of these $500 rod companies out of business. Just my opinion.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

YpsiBass

Quote from: fishon1219 on April 03, 2016, 11:06:56 PM
When speaking of fishing rod sensitivity, has anyone been able to find any real scientific data or a study to determine how sensitive a fishing rod really is? I have done a very quick intranet search and I can come up with nothing that has any real scientific data backing it up other then I can feel the vibration from flicking a piece of line tied to the tip, or putting the tip to someones throat and feeling the vibration when they talk.

If someone could find some type of data it would probably put a bunch of these $500 rod companies out of business. Just my opinion.

Tackletour.com has a rod review section with a methodology and rating system.  That's about as scientific as I've seen.