Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bridge over St. Clair Spillway to be Closed

Started by djkimmel, March 23, 2016, 03:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The Jefferson Ave bridge over the Clinton River spillway, at the Clinton River Cutoff DNR launch is apparently closing 3-23-16. I don't know full details as to when it will be replaced but heard it was supposed to be done the end of April.

Coming to the Clinton River Cutoff BAS from the south will be a pain since a bridge is also closed at Shook Road nearby. The closure sign went up last week and it has been a one lane with a temporary light for a few months now. I guess it is putting more traffic backups at the Crocker and Jefferson light too so plan accordingly if you are heading to the Clinton River DNR boat ramp (Ballard St some call it too). Maybe use another boat ramp, or come in from the North anyway.

I'll update this post when I hear the bridge has reopened. If anyone has anymore details please share them. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

So can I take the expressway up and get off at metro parkway and come back down?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

That is what everyone is doing. That's partly why there's backups now at Crocker Blvd and Jefferson but that's the way to go for now.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

WayneC

djkimmel

fiker

Gonna be tough to get to Clair for me this year.   M 14 and 23 interchange also a problem. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

Uh oh. Better figure out a way. You should come over May 7 for the MadWags Memorial.

Skulley

I encountered exactly what is in Wayne's picture today.  I just followed the detour and launched at the Metro Park.  Also, the Crocker Street launch has only one or two lanes open.  The rest of the launch is mudded in if that's even a word.   ;)  I failed to check the site for all this helpful information on the commute to LSC.  Beautiful day to be out there.

BD                                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

After taking my boat out at Crocker I found my water intake plugged solid with debris. 

djkimmel

They were supposed to have fixed that but I guess they need to fix it again! At one time there was talk about putting a wall up outside that boat ramp to block the buildup but that seems to have gone nowhere. Now there's the possibility that the State may buy Gino's Surf and turn that into a boat ramp instead. Maybe it would less susceptible in a few years to mud buildup and cleanup. Assuming they could buy it successfully and develop it into a boat ramp.

raisinrat

Quote from: djkimmel on April 25, 2016, 11:17:59 AM
They were supposed to have fixed that but I guess they need to fix it again! At one time there was talk about putting a wall up outside that boat ramp to block the buildup but that seems to have gone nowhere. Now there's the possibility that the State may buy Gino's Surf and turn that into a boat ramp instead. Maybe it would less susceptible in a few years to mud buildup and cleanup. Assuming they could buy it successfully and develop it into a boat ramp.

They are still talking about doing that the boat launch and turning it into a ture safe harbor which lake st. clair doesnt have one right now really.
Justin Clark

djkimmel

That would be nice if they do that. The Fisheries Chief wasn't aware that they had talked about doing this but it is really a Parks Division issue so that's who would know, possibly the local office mostly.