Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bassmaster Classic Contest

Started by TimH, February 19, 2016, 09:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimH

A few years back I put on a small contest  for all Great Lakes Bass.com members.  It was just a fun thing for people to do for the Bassmaster Classic.  I have been meaning to do it again, but kept forgetting until it was too late.  However, I finally remembered to set it up in time this year, so here we go! 
Here is how it is going to work.
Select the three of the 56 anglers you think are going to do the best and post them here.  All entries are due by noon on March 3rd in order to qualify for the contest.
Please also post your guess for the total winning weight for the classic.  This will be used in the event of a tie.
Once the classic is over, I will look at all entries and assign them points based on their finish.
56th place is worth one point and 1st place is worth 56 points.
The Great Lakes Bass.com member who earns the most points based on their selected anglers will win the prize pack I have created for this contest. 
The prize pack consists of a Strike King 1.5 square bill, two bags of Berkley Havoc Pit Boss, a Z-Man Chatterbait, and three of my homemade jigs.  I will also pay for shipping if you don't live close by. (Macomb County). 

I hope everyone participates in this contest.  I figured it's a good way to focus on fishing as we all go nuts waiting for this colder weather to finally end!

FrickerDude

Sounds like fun!

Brandon Palaniuk
Jason Christie
KVD

Winning weight
FrickerDude

dartag

Edwin Evers
Jason Christie
James Elam.

67.8 pounds

Hooksetter

1. KVD

2. Jason Christie

3. Greg Hackney

Winning Weight: 73lbs 9 oz.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

Kevin VanDam
Aaron Martens
Chad Pipkens

54 pounds 11 ounces

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

robhj

TheFishinPollock

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

I created the Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing group GreatLakesBass.com if you're extending your play to http://bassmasterfantasy.com/

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Jason Christie, Edwin Evers, and Brent Ehrler.     59lbs  even

Manxfishing

Brandon Palaniuk
Jason Christie
mike Mcclelland
65 pounds

But I do hope someone from Michigan wins
KVD
JVD
Chad Pickens

Jefferson

Jacob Powroznik
Skeet Reese
Ott Defoe

63lbs 11oz

bwebber

KVD
Jason Christie
Mike Iaconelli

68lbs 10oz

Jay-MadWags

Jason Christie
KVD
Mike McClelland

54lbs 03ozs

McClelland didn't make the classic so I have to chose someone to replace him.

Jason Christie
KVD
James
Quote from: bwebber on February 22, 2016, 07:59:51 PM
KVD
Jason Christie
Mike Iaconelli

68lbs 10oz
54lbs 03ozs
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

SemperBass

Why not make my first post on GreatLakesBass here :)

Edwin Evers
Aaron Martens
Jason Christie

I give some edge to some local guys! Pulling for KVD, JVD, or Pickens as well though.

Total weight: 63.10
Rick (SemperBass)

~Semper Fidelis~

Coop

Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

JKarbo214

1. Jacob Powroznik
2. Brett Hite
3. Greg Hackney

Total Winning Weight: 56 lbs. 4 oz.

Dan

James Watson
KVD
Edwin Evers

57 lbs.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Jay-MadWags

Quote from: Jay-MadWags on February 22, 2016, 08:04:58 PM
Jason Christie
KVD
Mike McClelland

54lbs 03ozs

Jason Christie
KVD
James Elam

54lbs 03ozs

Sorry for the mix up. Trying to post from my IPhone with a toddler on my lap at 6am.

[/quote

Let me try this again.

Jason Christie
KVD
James Elam

Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

nitroderrek

vandam
evers
Christie

58 lbs 4 oz

TimH

What a final day for Edwin!   Wow! That was an incredible bag he brought to the scales.  Anyways, I have tabulated the results of my Bassmaster Classic Contest and before I list the standings, I want to send a big congratulations to our winner, SemperBass.  Not only did he win, but the three anglers he selected finished the classic in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  Nicely done on earning the maximum points available.  Here are the standings.

1. SemperBass
2. Team Houston
3. Dartag
4. Nitro Derrek
5. Coop
6. Hooksetter
7. FrickerDude
8. Dan
9. Maxnfishing
10. Jay-MadWags
11. Jefferson
12. Webber
13. JKarbo214
14. Robhj
15. djkimmel
16. Fishin Pollock

I hope everyone enjoyed the contest.  SemperBass, message me your address and I will drop your tackle prize pack in the mail.