Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Charger bringing back the Champion 210

Started by Manxfishing, December 31, 2015, 12:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

Well.
I heard a rumor that Charger was going to start making the Champion 210 again
So I e-mail Charger and received this reply

"Yes we are in the process of bring back the 210 hull and deck with updates to the deck and interior , boat should be ready in March and more to come in the future ,"

Sweet, The Champion hull lives on

TheFishinPollock

As long as it has the chopped back end and they don't put them , to me, ugly consols on it like their 979 has.    I've been reading about this happening for a while now. Will they put the arrow on it though is what im really wondering.   

Charger looks like a nice boat , but from everything I have seen on them . Their  979  with a 250 sho only topped out at  72 with a single guy and no gear on the boat.  40 to 50 k for that , to me, just is not impressive. Hopefully that will not be the results with this new line. 
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

How fast do you need to go?? Speed limit is 55mph most places... :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Quote from: djkimmel on December 31, 2015, 06:08:09 PM
How fast do you need to go?? Speed limit is 55mph most places... :)

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on December 31, 2015, 05:16:38 PM
As long as it has the chopped back end and they don't put them , to me, ugly consols on it like their 979 has.    I've been reading about this happening for a while now. Will they put the arrow on it though is what im really wondering.   

Charger looks like a nice boat , but from everything I have seen on them . Their  979  with a 250 sho only topped out at  72 with a single guy and no gear on the boat.  40 to 50 k for that , to me, just is not impressive. Hopefully that will not be the results with this new line. 

I've heard the hull and cap will be the same, I can get low 70's out of mine loaded with a 1/2 tank of gas and myself. and maybe a little more with a 26P
And I don't think will see the arrow but you never know
Seems like a really good fit. It will be interesting on what happens to the 979 it's darn close in size to the 210

TheFishinPollock

It's not that I need to go fast Dan. I just like it , long as I'm driving LOL.  ( ask Mike L about that lol) 
I compared some vid and numbers of a Champ to the Charger and just wasn't overly impressed with it. Never having been behind the wheel of one, I can't say for sure its what I think it's proformance is.
   I do know Cat's though. Drove a older one like mine. It was ok.    Guy in our club has a newer  one and on the bay in 2+ footers it scooted right along at 55 60 ish and wasnt bouncing much.  I do get to demo a new Alpha 21  next spring for a hour or so. I can't wait to see how that one rides.

Nothing will ever beat the ride of a true Mtn Hm Champ for me though. They are decently quick and just ride like a caddie. That 96 223 Tackle has on tis site. Mann that was the smoothest one I had ever been in.  I am bummed I couldn't make it to fish out of Manx's last year.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

21XDC

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on January 02, 2016, 12:32:36 AM
It's not that I need to go fast Dan. I just like it , long as I'm driving LOL.  ( ask Mike L about that lol) 

He cried like a little girl for me to slow down... LOL :^)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Not sure I have ever seen a Charger Boat up here in Mi.  I read there site and the boats look good.  Hopefully they can make enough to survive.  With BPS now owning over 50 % of the bass boat market the future is going to be interesting.

djkimmel

Used to see a few Chargers in Michigan over 20 years ago on a couple of the tournament trails but it's been about that long since the last one I've seen up here. Almost that long for seeing one anywhere else though I think I ran into one at a regional ~15 years ago.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Quote from: dartag on January 02, 2016, 11:40:45 AM
Not sure I have ever seen a Charger Boat up here in Mi.  I read there site and the boats look good.  Hopefully they can make enough to survive.  With BPS now owning over 50 % of the bass boat market the future is going to be interesting.

There bread and butter is Pontoon boats. The glass boats are made to order so they should survive

DennisB.

There's a gentleman in the grand rapids area that has one. I looked at his old boat (a charger also) before he bought a new one from lakedrive in coldwater.

21XDC

Quote from: DennisB. on January 03, 2016, 05:55:53 PM
There's a gentleman in the grand rapids area that has one. I looked at his old boat (a charger also) before he bought a new one from lakedrive in coldwater.

Yes. I have fished and roomed with him. He had a 150 Yamaha on an 18 ft Charger, traded it in Coldwater for another 225 Yamaha HPDI 21ft Charger. He lives in West Olive Michigan.

Here is his boat...

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Did they make Champion's before.  The back end lines resemble a Champ.  Nice looking boat.

TheFishinPollock

The guy that developed the champ super V left and created the Charger . That is why they kinda look the same
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc