email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ft Madison Regional  (Read 5514 times)

LAPORTE

Re: Ft Madison Regional
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 09:31:15 AM »

Nice job dashaver63, I was keep track of you thru the whole thing .... Better luck next year. ;D

Now how do you feel about fishing Belleville? Or do you need a break.lol

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

rufus

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 09:35:45 AM »

Phil,
Yes they did change the format. On the final day the top 12 now fish. I guess this would be great if you were in 7th, but I think me personally would much rather fish the final day knowing I had already made the All American. Maybe next year I will be in 7th and will change my opinion  ;D.

Team houston

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »

Yes, my thoughts are like yours. If you jumped from the bottom 6 to the top 6 on the last day then I guess our opinion would change.

dashaver63

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »

Thanks guy's. I had 2 awesome boaters to fish with. I felt bad for my first day guy, Chris Burgess. He is from Joplan, Mo. I think everyone that is used to fishing clean water probably struggled a little. Being from Ohio and fishing dirty water everywhere I go down here, I've learned that clear water is no good, the fish will move out deeper. And on the Mississippi, that means the main channels. I talked my first day guy into finding VERY dirty, almost choclate milk muddy water no more than 2 1/2 feet deep, and instead of downsizing, I threw a 5" Berkley Beast. You want to move as much water as possible. As soon as we did, I put my 3 keepers in the boat and a bunch of shorts. Chris couldn't get bit at all even on the baits I gave him. Day 2 I had the 2nd place guy going into the final day, Jared Pederson, I think was his last name. We fished matted eelgrass covered by thick duckweed. He had a good bag on a frog, My frog bite was all short fish so I started flipping heavy plastics through the weeds and my first fish was that 3-13. I started flipping to late because it was already 2:15 by that time and we headed back at 3:00. 3 more shorts was all I could get. All-in all, I had a decent tournament,  just glad I don't ever have to go back there.

dashaver63

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 06:35:34 PM »

Sorry guy's. I just re-read my last post and I didn't mean to sound like I know it all. Actually far from it, I'm still learning. 

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »

dashaver63 - your reports were fine and exciting to read. It's always good to hear the thought process that leads from struggling to success. Most us fish tournaments and know how things go. We all know some things and we all can learn more. Congratulations on your very good finish.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »

Thanks Dan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge