Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit River

Started by dashaver63, August 28, 2007, 04:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

Motorcross, great to finally meet you, even if it is near the end of the season, you also bshaner, I think thats who I was talking to in the Wal-mart prior to the meeting. Brian, you'll have your best tournament of the year at the next one and qualify, you watch, just don't lose focus on the goal. I'm just hoping fore better weather for the next on in a couple weeks. I wander what those workers thought when they had to put all those chairs away out in the garden center. I'm glad though that nobody started unstacking tires to sit on, that might have been to much and we would probably end up at Meijer's or someplace for the next meeting.

motocross269

Doug, Congrats on the check..That was a great sack.  Did you use any of Wayne Carpenter's tubes that I brought down to catch those toads??
I couldn't believe how many pros showed up..I think it was the most wrapped boats we've had all year.
That was definetly a Pre-tourney meeting to go down in the record books.  I thought that Anthony and his crew did a great job of throwing something together and getting us the heck out of there. 

tubejig

Hey Everyone,
   Speaking of Wayne Carpenter's tubes, I've been busting big smallies all summer long with his baits. I just got 2nd on the co-angler side in this last BFL. All I really threw was a 5" tube. I still needed to upgrade to get rid of a 2 smallies that weighed 3#'s to have a shot but over all I thought it was a pretty good day. Good luck to all you guy's at the next one.

Jeremy

dashaver63

I used those Great Lakes craw tubes and a couple times, the tube didn't hit the bottom before it got eaten. But believe it or not, I caught the biggest one on a Berkley Rattling Frenzy. I got lucky and saw some baitfish and started throwing it and ripping it like you would a Silver Buddy and a toad 4lber whacked it. I can't wait for the 15th to get here, looks like dry stable weather leading up to it. If thats the case there will be some huge sacks brought in. See you guy's there.

dashaver63

Way to go Jeremy on the 2nd, did you go to Erie or St. Clair? Thanks Brian, Like I said though, don't lose focus on why your here! a good sack and a check could move you right up to the top 40. BSHANER, did you try my advice on how to shove those insider jigs up into your tubes? Makes it so easy.

bshaner

Yes, I cant believe I never thought of that.  You changed everything with that one small sentence.  Easy peasy! 

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

motocross269

Hey, bshaner I forgot we never hooked up Saturday morning before the tourney so I could give you some great lakes craw tubes....You know how it goes those mornings I had a million things on my mind linking up with my boater and getting him launched.

dashaver63