Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Scary and relevant news to many of us

Started by djkimmel, December 17, 2005, 10:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

This news article is scary and relevant to many of us, especially who fish the St. Clair or Detroit River with all the 'industry' along them. I have fished the stretch of the river in this article and I've smelled the smells and wondered about all those chemicals concentrated in the area. You've also probably read about some of the chemical spills that have occurred the past few years from these companies. We need to be aware and knowledgeable about this stuff:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051217124509990001&_ccc=6&cid=842

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Canada does not have the same laws for dumping and pollution that the U.S. has.  Theirs are a lot more liberal.  I still have a problem with the State of Michigan being the Canadian dumping ground.  They truck all their garbage over to Michigan to dump in our landfills.  Do we as Michiganders really need this.  I think not.  Write to your state senators and state reps to tell them that this has to stop.  Maybe eventually if enough people write and complain they will pass a bill to stop this dumping.  Boundry water pollution is another issue.  This will probably have to be dealt with in Washington D.C.   Write to Stabenow and Levin concerning this and to your Congressman in your district.  I write to these people all the time concerning issues from pollution to pensions.  We can talk about this stuff all day long,  but if you don't act by writing to the people you elect to represent you in government, then shame on you.  Not communicating with these elected officials just allows them to do what they want and not what you want.  The Canadians can not continue to get away with this.  Eventually it will effect us all.

BD
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I'm so glad to hear this. You are right. If everyone even does a little bit of action - attending meetings, writing a letter to an elected rep, or even an email - it is amazing what can be accomplished.

Two years ago, I had guys telling we couldn't change the bass season no matter what we did. "Not in a million years." "Never happen." Etc. etc.

A little effort can go a long ways. Enough has been written for now about the silent potential of this countries anglers and how many influential people wish we would come together. How much we could accomplish. We are all busy. I know.

Enough for now, but I promise over the next year that this section will be used. I hope most of you at least read what gets posted and become knowledgeable and aware. BASS TIMES and Michigan Outdoor News are two other good sources of information on issues critical or important to all of us. I will post more and appreciate any help. I will try to make it easy to follow and become involved in certain issues.

As far as the trash issue, Senator Stabenow is very involved in stopping or at least limiting dumping of Canadian trash in Michigan. Check out a brief summary here: http://stabenow.senate.gov/stoptrash/

Thanks BigDog!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.