Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Cheap Gas

Started by Manxfishing, December 28, 2014, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

Gassed up today at 1.95
I hope it stays around for the summer

So the ? is
How many of you will fish more with cheap gas?

dartag

Hope it stays down all summer. Wont really affect where i fish.  If i want to go i will.

32eml24

I will be able to justify driving further. I will fish the same amount but will drive further to try new places and learn new lakes.  I am excited about the low gas prices!

Got Fish??

I saw gas for $1.79  Saturday .  Spring is a long way off. It should   be back over $3.00 by then.

6 lb Smallmouth

Wish I could prepay for gallons of gas!
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

djkimmel

That's a great idea. Gas futures... wait, that is part of the problem in the first place ;D Maybe just buy a big tank and put it out back?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TritonTR20

I saw somewhere that prices will go back up after the first of the year...

Manxfishing

Saw 1.83 yesterday for cash
Gassing up the truck

djkimmel

We are back up to the $2.19 to $2.25 range for regular unleaded around SW Lansing. I should have filled everything at $1.99 but that still costs money :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

$1.79 by me today.   :o           Hope this lasts through next season.  What a jolt for the economy........especially the tourism.

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

That would be nice... buy from the cheapest station every chance you get to encourage low prices (it can't hurt).

Victor Cerabone

It won't change how much I fish and how much gas I use.  I might spend more money on gear with the savings.

My $.02 on gas prices... The usage of gasoline by the industrialized countries is down.  the Opec guys are keeping supply high and prices low to get us fat and happy again... buy less efficient vehicles, etc.  Once we are take that bait again they will set the hook (decrease production) I for one am going to stay diligent and act like gas is $4 a gallon.

Skulley

Quote from: Victor Cerabone on January 01, 2015, 12:02:07 PM
It won't change how much I fish and how much gas I use.  I might spend more money on gear with the savings.

My $.02 on gas prices... The usage of gasoline by the industrialized countries is down.  the Opec guys are keeping supply high and prices low to get us fat and happy again... buy less efficient vehicles, etc.  Once we are take that bait again they will set the hook (decrease production) I for one am going to stay diligent and act like gas is $4 a gallon.

Interesting theory, however there is way more to this..............Russian issues, increased production in the U.S. due to fracking, OPEC sets price but we buy very little from them.  We buy most from Venezuela.  As long as gasoline or I should say oil does not fall into fair market pricing, oil per barrel will be a roller-coaster.  Part of this is OPEC is selling less to their bigger customers because of fracking here in the U.S. and our reserves are way up because of it thus driving the price down.  As OPEC sells less because of that technology, the price per barrel drops.  Franking is an extremely expensive process and as OPEC is trying to make it less profitable for the companies or countries that are using it to produce.  Just one of the many pieces to the puzzle.  Now with our reserves at an all time high and no one to export to, prices drop.  And yes this should generate new car sales.  You now hear less about alternative energy or fuel.  I work for one of the big three and it seems there is less talk about fuel efficient vehicles on the engineering shop floor.  We are still working on such vehicles but it seems less important since fuel prices started dropping.  The cold war is restarting.  It will be interesting to see what happens over 2015. 

Happy New Year!!!!

BD                            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Sadly there will be a trickle down affect if the oil prices stay this low for a while.  The price is almost 1/2 of what it was a year ago.  This will start to hurt corporate profits very soon.  The trickle down will be exploration cutbacks which means jobs.  The auto companies have spent billions on alternative fuel cars that will not be in demand.  More lost jobs.  The good news is the big car / truck demand should go up. 

I feel sorry for the Saudi's and other foreign countries.  They might not be able to have there new Huge yachts and palaces.  NOT

djmaclf

Paid $1.66 in Flint on Wednesday. ;D

Manxfishing

Sweet,
I'm looking forward to see it that low

bigjc

Quote from: Got Fish?? on December 28, 2014, 07:53:28 PM
I saw gas for $1.79  Saturday .  Spring is a long way off. It should   be back over $3.00 by then.
I sure hope you are wrong.  Cheap fuel allows me to fish more and travel further to fish, more often.  I know these prices won't be around forever, but hoping that a new normal will emerge below 3 bucks.