Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:30:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

So let's talk colors....

Started by fishhound, December 09, 2014, 07:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhound

For baits and lures..... If you could only choose 3..... Regardless of the bait or lure, state, or season. What would be your 3 must have colors?

Got Fish??

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TimH

Green Pumpkin, Chartreuse, purple

LAPORTE

Green Pumpkin, watermellon, black
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Team houston

YpsiBass

White, black, watermelon black fleck.

dartag

Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin. 

t-bone

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Manxfishing

djkimmel

Quote from: TimH on December 10, 2014, 11:11:16 AM
Green Pumpkin, Chartreuse, purple

That's a pretty good list too! I might have to edit my answer...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on December 10, 2014, 04:33:56 PM
Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin. 

I wonder some days if it really is that simple...? But what would all the bait companies do then?!? ;D

djkimmel

Quote from: t-bone on December 10, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
Green, black and silver

Silver? That's interesting. Do you mean literally silver, or maybe nickel?

t-bone

So the question was for baits and lures - for hard lures, hard to go wrong with silver.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Got Fish??

Great minds think a like, out of the three colors chosen. Every one has green as one of their 3 choices 

Skulley

Green, white, blue. I try to choose colors that are in the natural spectrum of colors that a bass can see and would think that it was edible.  These three colors are in that spectrum.

BD                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

robhj

Since bass have 2 vision color pigments, red & green, I've always used colors within that spectrum. I generally prefer green pumpkin, crawfish patterns-orange/brown, & my third choice tends to be baitfish/natural colors like shad, perch, bluegill, which obviously have several colors. I remember reading about an experiment on bass that have never seen lures before and what colors would get the most strikes. The experimenters had 9 different colored regular floating rapalas and the silver/black back one had twice as many hits. All the other raps were painted one color and the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th most stuck colors were dark violet, green, and black. The one that was struck the least was painted all red. The regular blk/silver rap was struck the most and it wasn't even close. I have always used mostly green pumpkin or natural colors, but since fishing is so much about confidence, that's what I'm most comfortable using. I know some guys love firetiger, or swear red hooks are better, etc., but I'm convinced most of the battle is finding active fish & putting a lure in front of them that resembles something they want to eat. I don't think color matters that much.

Got Fish??

I've found  that lure color, has a lot to do with catching fish. Water clarity,sky conditions  and matching the  bait in the lake. Can  be the difference , between  a good day and a poor day on any lake.

Skulley

It's easy.........dark colors in dirty water, light colors in clear water. And sometimes color doesn't even matter. To a bass, if it looks like food, it must be food, so they eat it.

BD.                            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com