Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Time to Act!

Started by djkimmel, December 06, 2014, 12:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

We could possibly start catch-and-immediate-release (CIR) bass season in 2015 as early as April 1st. And ALL year every year after that in MICHIGAN.

It's time to act if that interests you at all, or if you just want to make me and other bass anglers very, very happy!!

Send a email to nrc@michigan.gov and DNR-Director@michigan.gov asking all of the Commissioners and the Director to choose Option 4/D to give us year-round CIR bass fishing and regular bass season would then run Lower Peninsula from the last Saturday in April (when inland pike, muskie and walleye already open) until December 31 and May 15 through December 31 for the Upper Peninsula. This is the most opportunity we can get and most fair to ALL bass anglers. The MDNR says all the 4 options we ran through the public process represent minimal risk so why settle for far less?

To wait 7 to 10 years so we can go through this for the 4th time?!? I don't think so... we have way too much support this time from MUCC, State Government, major fishing groups and many, many other smart people including Z! I don't know about you but I think 30 years of waiting is long enough... :) I have other things to do, and I'd like to go fishing a little next year.

The latest information shows bass are doing very well and the large majority of bass anglers statewide still release the majority of their bass voluntarily - one of the main reasons our bass fishing is so good. The abundant, quality water and habitat being another primary reason. No more waiting as long every season in the future if we bring this home now, this year!! Thanks!

ACT FAST!!! I'm speaking on this tomorrow at the Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation meeting and then for real this Thursday, December 11 before the Natural Resources Commission and MDNR Director. When they can act is up in the air but they will get to act and sooner if we can make that happen. We probably won't make the 2014 Fishing Guide but the MDNR has said they will announce that more changes are coming between now the April 1st start of the 2015 fishing season (runs April 1st to March 31st each year).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Just sent an email to the Director.  Sent one to the NRC earlier this week.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Great! Thank you. I working on making sure I do the t's and cross the i's... wait! Did it again! Dot the i's and cross the t's so we can all do a good job to finish this thing off once and for all. I'd like to be done. I hope most of you feel that way too!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Kal-Kevin

Talk to  bunch of my club members today and told them to get off their back sides and send out these emails. The ones that did not show up I sent them a request to do the same. Good luck this week

djkimmel

Great! That is the message. I will be asking about the same from representatives from other groups this week too. I have already talked to some of them and they are going to help us. We helped them. We all need to help each other to keep our sport and our natural resources safe.

Skulley

My monthly bass club meeting is this coming Thursday.  I'll make an announcement and encourage the membership to write.

BD                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

That would be great. I handed out a slip to all the club presidents at the Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation meeting yesterday to take back too. It says about what the red above says along with the email addresses to send it to.

Personal requests from our peers is the best way to get more people involved in helping themselves bring this home once and for all now.

We heard more on that from MUCC Executive Director Daniel Eichinger at the meeting yesterday too. He also thanked all of us for helping with petition signatures because we knew we are part of the same outdoors team as all other anglers, hunters and trappers. We have to stick together. Great message!

Schoolycustom

Two emails sent.

It takes 10 minutes people. If you really care about getting this done, sit down and thumb a couple emails out people! Every little bit helps.

I added how a longer season gives the state more time to have out of state tourist come, spend there money, buy licenses, pay for guides etc. Because in the end with all subjects it's all about the mula.

djkimmel

Our bass populations and vast waters can handle the extra fishing, AND it will be great for Michigan jobs and economy too. It's also a significant quality of life issue for Michiganders who loves fishing and just want to go whenever their busy schedule allows.

djkimmel

How many more of you have read this and not acted yet? Let's get a move on. If you've acted and not said so, please do. I want to say thanks personally please!

Big dreams

I just sent an email.  Hope this gets passed.

LAPORTE

I did mine this morning
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

ncbkc

BSB

Hoekset

Sent mine last week. Got a response email yesterday from the NRC saying thanks and that they forwarded the comments to the commissioners for review.

Thanks Dan!!

Schoolycustom

Well done everyone. I actually got a response today too. Kind of nice they are paying attention. Makes it worth it.

djkimmel

Yes they are listening. I hope they like what they're hearing. I spoke to them yesterday and I thought it went well. More huge support from MUCC and a number of their major club group reps! More information in the Michigan Bass Season board.

I'll keep updating everyone as I find out more. Please make sure if you haven't sent anything yet that you do so, and THANK YOU to those of you who already have!! Very important and the time is right!