Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Doug Hannons Wave Cast Systems Spinning Reel

Started by macbass, May 22, 2007, 08:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macbass

Was just wondering if anybody on this site other than me was using the wave cast systems reel and what are the likes and dislikes of the reel..

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

thomas

How about telling us your likes and dislikes. I would help some of us to decide if it would be worth trying.

Thanks
thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

OUTLAW

I personaly do not have one, I have fished with one and do not like it. I don't see any differance except that the line has a lot more friction and I do not seem to get the distance out of the cast. When I fished with my buddy that has one he had 3 differant loops in his line I had non with my stradic 2500.

Just my opinion

macbass

I havent found any dislikes with it yet. It does what they say it will do. But I am also aware when people first look at it they have to wonder how it will do. That is mainly because of its appearance. One of the only things I found is you can not run it short on line you have to keep the spool close to full or it will hang up on the cast. Other than that it works as it is advertised. Plus I have put a lot of time on them I just got back from a week in arkansas and I used it for about 50 hours that week. Every spinning rod I own has one on it and that is 6

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

djkimmel

You'll have to look at the DK Open results and see again who won the reel donated - I think it was stackenem. See if he has used it yet, or ask him to get back with you on his results.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LGMOUTH

I have used mine since the middle of March and I like it. As macbass said you do have to keep the spool pretty full or it will hang up on the cast but other than that it casts well and I have not had a birdsnest with it yet, more than I can say with my other reels. I have had flourocarbon on it since the begining and have not had the loops that I have on my other reels. All in all it is worth the money.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

BASS FISHERMAN

i has not use that reel yet but i has seen it  ;D ;D ;D
i go fishin the othur day with me partnur an he has one of them reel butt he not vein toss a lure out withit ??? ??? ???
i tell him to try it butt he woodunt doit ??? ??? ???
i guess he was havin too much fun winding in all thems small mouths frum they nests :D :D :D
i wood bet this new reel wood be good fur tossin dare devales out frum time to time :D :D

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

stackenem

I finally got to use my new wavecast this morn. I filled it with 8# suffix seige and I did notice that it dosen't cast near as far as some of my other reels with the same line. I did have a few loops in the line after awhile and it did birdsnest on me. I think I am going to set it up just to use for skipping under docks as that is a shorter cast.  The drag works very well and it is a well balanced reel but I don't see where it is any better than my other reels that I am using. I was using this mainly with shakey heads with beavers.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

BASS FISHERMAN

??? ??? ??? yous got a bird nest from usin it  ??? ??? ???

:-* :-* :-* BASS TRACKERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

stackenem

Yes I did. It was a giant loop that just kept pulling out. Had to strip about 30yds of line to get rid of it.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Waterfoul

I've played with them at several tackle shows.  I HATE the handle.

As for backlashes/loops... I NEVER get any with my Quantum Kinetic reels.  NEVER.  And the drag on these reels is great.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

macbass

anybody looking for information on this reel can go to www.basslurereviews.com and see the review that was done on this reel.

OUTLAW

For my money the shimano Stradic is the way to go. No gimics just Quality.

TCook

I second the stradic, thats what I use and you cant get more for your money when it comes to a spinning reel.
FISH HARD!!!

macbass

Well if I am not mistaken no place in that last post did anybody ask for an opinion on what was better what was worst or what the quality was or was not. The only thing said was if you want to review the reel and see what it is like that is where to go and look at the review. We all have an opinion on what is the best for what we do and we all use what we like. That is half the problem with the tackle and boating industry today. What ever you use is the best bar none and everything else is junk. Well that is your opinion so stick to it. But let everybody else form there own opinion. Because they have that right.

OUTLAW

Kind of like the way you feel about your cat! sorry I did not follow what you were looking for. I thought this board was a place to share with the other fisherman, and let them in on what we do and what we like. as you said it is an opinion and I was just giving mine. Like I said I like the shimano stradic I have used about every reel on the market and that is the one that i like the best, they are durable, built well, have a great drag system and I don't get birds nest with them. Next time you start a post make sure you put in it that you only want an opinion on what you are talking about and make sure to mention that you only want positive thing said.

macbass

GAMEOVER

I really stay up to date on products coming out in the fishing industry and ill tell you I would never buy this reel after using one. I used my brother in laws and its just a heavy reel full of empty promises. I did not care for it at all. If your looking for a budget reel stick with Quantum or Pflueger. For me ill stick with Daiwa.