Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

John Boat

Started by Brody35, August 03, 2014, 02:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brody35

Hey guys I am from Grand Haven, MI and I am looking for a reasonable 12-14ft john boat. I love fishing and I also like duck hunting. I was wondering if anyone knew a good steal on a boat or anything I should check out on a college kids budget lol ;D.  College and a girlfriend takes up most of my money lol ;D but I have some money to work with to find a good john boat with a dependable motor. I'm looking to find a boat that I can modify a little bit and make it have a nice platform in the front so I can put my trolling motor, electronics, and then store tackle below the platform. Ive always wanted a bass boat, but I cant afford one at the age of 21. Thank you for your time!

Firefighter Jeff

I'll ask a guy I know in Ludington.     

Brody35

Slipkey

OK. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I have a 16' Lund (v-hull) that has been my duck boat for years and was one of the first boats I owned.  It hardly gets much use anymore and I've been considering selling it, but I would never be able to buy another good duck boat for the price I'd end up selling it for.  

I'm kind of sentimental about it (been on some epic duck hunting trips to North Dakota and South Dakota and no-access,small lake fishing with my Dad and myself) but I'd consider selling it to someone starting out who wants to get it to a first boat.   It has a custom-built deck already on the front with storage and a homemade livewell system  underneath, a rear deck, and a built in side storage box (good for shotguns (a little short for rods), ammo boxes, lights, etc.   The motor is a 25HP merc which starts a bit cold, but runs like a top (most Mercs in that age are the same).   The trailer is a custom-built, custom welded C-Channel one that will take the worst road or launch you can throw at it and come away unbent. New battery, Humminbird flasher, oars, anchor and lines included - along with a custom blind system which needs a bit of tinkering to "perfect" it (an invention of my Dad's).  

I was planning on replacing the floors this fall before the season, but haven't got around to it yet.  The carpet and the 3/4" plywood for the job is in my garage and would be yours if you want it.  I also need to finish stenciling the camo on the inside (the outside looks better now than in the photo below), but the spray cans to do it and the stencils would be yours too, if you want them.  Photo below  (the bow light is no longer there and I've added two removable docking lights on each side):

If you're interested, send me a PM.  If not I'll use it to irritate my wife for another year or two, as she's always complaining about the "redneck" impression that it sends parked along the side of the garage. :)

Firefighter Jeff

Did you find a boat yet ???  Dave MaHannah in Ludington sent this back to me when I asked for you.

I have a nice little bass boat for sale for $2900.  It has a bow mounted trolling motor, fish finder, and a 40hp oil injected Johnson on a trailer.

He owns Hamlin Sports Center, not sure of the number. 

Jeff