Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Nada values

Started by Hollada, May 07, 2014, 11:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollada

Been looking at used boats online (craigslist, walleye central, etc) for a while now.  Seems whenever I check boats price against NADA values, the boat is priced 30-50% over NADA retail.  Is NADA wrong, or do these boats end up selling for that much lower than the seller priced them at? 
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Mike S.

NADA is just a guideline. The boats will sell for whatever a person is willing to pay for them. All you have to do is list enough extras, and the bank will cut you a check for just about anything, as long as they get around that magic number.  For some reason, values can differ tremendously just by your location.

As an example, I refinanced my boat last year. The lady booked my 13 year old Skeeter at $26,000.  Nobody would pay that for it, not even me. But, that's it's value to the credit union. They will put a value on the boat, motor,  and trailer separately. Then they add them up and you've got your value, when it in most cases states that the value shown includes boat, motor, and trailer.

Got Fish??

Certain boats are getting popular with fishermen. The market sets the price. Motors, and haul type or brand name. Will up the antie on boats. If you like it and can afford it. Then get it. Life is too sort.

t-bone

Getting a Marine surveyor to value the boat is a good thing for buyers to do. They will go over every inch of the boat and provide a complete report. Too many banks get burned by over valued boats and many are requesting that this has to be done before they will finance. it. It costs about $250 range.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Waterfoul

I've been telling people for years, the "blue book" value for boats is a joke.  You are much better off pricing your boat at what the market will bare.  You need to do some research to see what other boats like yours are listed at, and if possible what they were sold for.   You can look at the book or NADA for an idea, but chances are it's not what your boat will sell for.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!