Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

SWIM BAITS??

Started by dartag, April 07, 2007, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

anyone see the Bassmasters from Cal to day.   122 pounds for 4 days.  most big fish caught on BIG swim baits.   anyone ever try them in mich.  they sure look good going through the water.  going to have to get me some to play with this summer.

better than watching the snow outside.

fowlmouth

I have tried the Castaic swimbaits, unreal how they look going through the water! I have had bass hit it that are much smaller than the bait, and have caught some big ones too. The only thing I don't like is how much the pike and musky like them too.
With that said, if anyone catches a BIG musky in Sanford I would like my castaic platinum back!

bosshawg

also watch the show - what a fishery.. and to think they had to put back 9-10lbs if not hooked in the mouth. now tell me how'd you feel.
don't think i'd throw any of those BIG swimbaits - probably a smaller version thou. could be the secret lure this year.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Skip Johnson

the larger west coast bass eat planted rainbow trout thats why the swim bait works so well there, the lakes that dont get planted with trout swimbaits dont work as well at. I had a couple that I tried in michigan but the bass didnt like them as much as the toothy ones did so I do not use them here becouse its not worth the $$$$
Go Big or Go Home!

fish hound

have watched enough enough bass crush the spawning bluegills to know they have to work.  bought three of the Mattlures bluegills.  will try them this year.  fully plan on loosing at least two of the three to the pike.  can anyone explain why the size limit has gone up and the bag limit down when it comes to pike?  this isn't Canada.  the water gets too warm to grow trophy pike, why try?  i just hate the number of expensive baits i loose to a trash fish (My opinion). 

Vic Cerabone

That is one heck of a fishery!  Their tourney coverage is getting better.  More fishing, less talk, human insterest stuff.  Those swimbaits do look they are worth a try. I'm thinking the "baby-e" one of the guys was using might be the ticket.
NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details07.php?division_id=88

C-Sports Optical Pro Staff - Rx Sunglasses

Bender

I picked up some smaller ones in Florida last fall and tried them in Kent. Maybe the wrong time of year, but I didn't have any luck. Also my home lake has more pike than bass I am sure, Crooked here in Brighton, mostly hammer handles 20-24" long.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com