Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sprint/Nextel Service

Started by Hooksetter, April 03, 2007, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksetter

Has anybody else experienced an increase in dropped calls, no service and just an overall drop in quality of service since Sprint aquired Nextel? Between me and my wife we have been averaging 5-10 dropped calls a day for the last few months. I called Sprint 2 weeks ago to complain, again. The customer service rep told me that it was because we still had our old nextel phones[i-730]. She said if we bought new phones it would cure our problems with our phone service. She even sent us 2 new phones[Sprint powersource ic402] for a 30 day free trial. She was wrong. It is worse now.

Anybody else having these problems?

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

OUTLAW

I hear ya I droped Nextel 5 months ago. Notel is the worst I have ever had, I lost alot of calls and some of my customers,

fowlmouth

I'm having huge issues with Nextel, we have 10 phones for work and are having most of our problems  from Brant south to Lansing and over to Fenton. Kind of a "Bermuda Triangle" of service for us. At home in Sanford I can't get signal at my house, my wife can sit right next to me and get signal on her phone.

Thing that has always bugged me about Nextel is that I can sit in one spot and have 4 bars and all of a sudden lose signal !

May have to re-think my phones now that other companies have a direct-connect.

bshaner

I quit using sprint 6 years ago...  about 6 months after I started using Sprint.  I wont get off on a tangent about them. Suffice it to say that the day I heard they were taking over Nextel, I cried.  I really liked my Nextel.   You will continue to see a decline.  Sprint is pathetic, and everything they touch turns to crap.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Genie

I dropped "Nextime" a while ago ... greatest move ever!
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

fowlmouth

anyone using one of the other networks push-to-talk?

Genie

I thought I would miss the "walkie talkie" feature, but it wasn't that important.  I use Verizon now and calls to other Verizon users are free.
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Durand Dan

I use Verizon also and it's as good as your going to get. Don't believe the phone upgrade story. When we had Nextels they told us that too. The reception didn't improve, in fact it got worst

cameraguy

Quit using Nextal a few years ago even though someone else was paying for it.  Horrible.  No signal at all in NE part of state.  Tons of dropped calls everywhere else.  And that walkie talkie nonsense is annoying at best.  Somebody is just rambling on the other end and there is no way to interrupt and stop the conversation so I can get on with my life/work,etc...ARGHH! 

Hooksetter

Wow! I didn't expect that many responses. Especially all negative responses. I think we are going to buy out the rest of our contract[1 year] and switch to Verizon. That means Sprint/Nextel will be losing 8 customers from our family. We have checked into Verizon already and the family plan sounds right for us.

Hello Sprint, anybody out there? What does that say about there service when someone is willing to spend $1200.00 to get out of a contract. Is there a way to not have to buy out our contracts? Based on poor service maybe? Just hoping.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI

motocross269

I am dropping 2 nextel phones at the end of this month when my contract expires...Not really sure who I am going to go with..any suggestions???

JCOOPER

I had the 2-way service thru nextel for 6 years.  I too thought I would miss is.  Truth is once you dont have it, you cant believe you ever used it.  I still get annoyed at that darn beeping sound of someone walking through $%@*&^% walmart.  Or the moron who doesnt turn his speaker off.  With all of the friends/family and in service contracts.  Switch and you will love it. 

disclaimer-not all ov the above incidents happened at a walmart.  Sometimes it would happen at Meijer also.  lol
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

bosshawg

wow - have had nextel for a few years now & have had no big issues w/it. use 2-way all the time and except for hitting a few "black holes" sometimes, i can live w/it. own a i305 and am happy w/it. i started w/verizon, and i thought they sucked.
so here's one happy customer......
i'm betting all companys have dropped call problems no matter who you go w/.  just my 2cnts
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

fiker

I have had Verizon for about 4 years now.  Love it.  Won't change. 

I too hate the 2 way  sound out in public.
I did have to purchase a new phone last summer.  I learned that the phone I got 2 years prior got a little bette reception.  Reason.  The FCC limited the power that the phones could have.  The newer ones don't have as much power as old ones.  According to the guy at the Verizon store anyway. 

One thing I do know about Verizon, and I'm sure other carriers are probably the same.  You have to do the phone update thing once a month to keep up with programing all the new towers in your phone. Also, there is a software in the phone that needs to be updated every so often.  Just like a Windows update. The tower update is done over the phone.  The software is done at the store.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fowlmouth

Hooksetter, I forgot to tell you a "trick" I learned for nextel. hit these keys in sequence quickly= #,*, menu, rt arrow(directional pad)
this gets you into a sub menu, scroll down to err channel and turn it on.

This should get better reception but needs to be reset everytime your phone loses power.

Genie

Is there a similar function for Verizon phones?
Grand Rapids, MI

fowlmouth

I have no idea, I have never had a Verizon phone.

DennisB.

I have had nextel for years through work and personal and have had a few dropped calls but nothing major, always got real good customer servive also. Infact I just swithched to the hybrid network and I don't get the " please wait while the nextel subscriber...lalala"  They recently switched the phone serivice out of the old iden800 to CDMA but the 2-way remains plain iden. as far as two ways go they still have bettere coverage that any other and CDMA rocks, the downside to the hybrid apears to be activating it altough I had no problems with any of mine I have heard horror stories about other areas of the country like California.

If I couldn't have this I would have zerizon again they appear to have better service that years ago.

1javelin

Had Nextel, never again.  Had Alltel, back when it was something else, great service until Alltel came along.  Have Centennial now, love the service, hate the customer service.  What *@%^$!(*&^ they put in blue shirts now.  Sorry, we don't do that, sorry, we can't do this, sorry sorry sorry.  Makes you want to grab a handful and let them know what they are going to do. ;D
Live to fish, Fish to live.