Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

lowrance

Started by BIGSHOW, February 28, 2014, 03:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGSHOW

Looking to get a new unit for the bow. What is the difference between the hds-7 and the elite 7 hdi ? I have an older lowrance lms- something. I think 5" screen. Can i just plug and go with these. Its linked up with my min kota terrova.

Slipkey

Quote from: BIGSHOW on February 28, 2014, 03:15:27 AM
Looking to get a new unit for the bow. What is the difference between the hds-7 and the elite 7 hdi ? I have an older lowrance lms- something. I think 5" screen. Can i just plug and go with these. Its linked up with my min kota terrova.

HDS units can use an ethernet connection to share sonar (for example, adding a structure scan module) and waypoints with other HDS units, whereas the Elite 7 can use the NMEA 2000 cable to share waypoints, but can't share sonar and wouldn't be able to hook in to any of the Lowrance ethernet modules (LSS, WiFi, SonicHub, etc.).   Waypoint sharing (between HDS units) on Ethernet is a full sync, so you don't have to load your waypoints on both units initially and deleting one on one unit does so on the other.

Your transducer connections will work with either unit.  Depending on which LMS unit you have, if it has the red connector, you can use that network with both.  If it has the blue network connector, you will need an adapter to go from blue to red.

BIGSHOW

Does that structure scan transducer or whatever it is hook up like a normal transducer? I have a ranger boat with a thru hull ducer and the hull back there is like two different levels. I would hate to start drilling into it. Does anyone have experience with installing them? I'm sure I could look into it on u tube. Id hate to pay the crazy amount some places are asking.

Slipkey

Quote from: BIGSHOW on February 28, 2014, 11:48:14 AM
Does that structure scan transducer or whatever it is hook up like a normal transducer? I have a ranger boat with a thru hull ducer and the hull back there is like two different levels. I would hate to start drilling into it. Does anyone have experience with installing them? I'm sure I could look into it on u tube. Id hate to pay the crazy amount some places are asking.

A lot of Ranger guys mount the structure scan transducers on the underside of the setback.  It won't work when you're on plane that way, but it's out of the way when you're up in the shallows.   There's a recent thread on the BBC Ranger board right now with a photo.

BIGSHOW

Thanks. I will check it out.

MSURoss

I have a new in box HDS 12 touch pm for details.

BIGSHOW

I never knew this would be so hard to decide. I went from hds-8 structure and back to the elite 7 hdi. These are for the bow. I went away from the hds because I heard the structure doesn't work well up front. I may just get it and put it in the console on my hds-5. But then I learn the elite-7 hdi may not work with my terrova i-pilot transducer so why get the downscan? I'm just confused. Wish someone had a good setup I could copy. They have some good deals now and would hate to let them slide by.

Waterfoul

Go to Bassboatcentral and ask if anyone has the set up.  Being a nation wide site I'd bet someone does, or at least similar.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!