Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:13:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BED FISHIN?

Started by OUTLAW, March 25, 2007, 08:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUTLAW

How many guys feel bed fishin is unethacal. I know that most of you on this board are big conservationalst. But how many will yank a fish off the bed and not think twice about it?

djkimmel

I bed fish every year because the science supports that you will not hurt most bass populations by doing so, and I enjoy doing so sometimes. Not all the time. I get bored and/or want to try other things two.

I think some anglers do some bed fishing and still wonder about the ethics all the time. I think that is probably more common since most people are sensitive to issues and want to do the right thing.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I used to be totally against it.  I listened to the threads on the boards, and I'm convinced now that it really doesn't harm the population.  Too many studies say it's ok.
Having said that though, I still don't do it that much. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fish hound

why not? bed fishing is the name of the game at a lot of places at certain times.  its about making a check. i like rules that say you have to cull upon catching the 6th keeper.  look at Hardy.  we've been wackin' spawners for years, and the weights have gone up every year, 21 lbs and change last year, that's good for a mid-state inland smallmouth fishery that has had an opening day for catch and release that starts at April 1st(till last year).

BASS FISHERMAN

i do it  ;) ;) ;)
thats wheer them dale devales cume in to play  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* ASTRO BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

PIGSMALLIE

I think it's ok. I don't like to see when your fun fishing and people catch the same wore out 4lber over and over just for fun.Get a picture if you want then release it. ;)

Cheetam

It's hard not to when you are looking at a pig...
Jeff

DDBethke

I do it and don't feel 2 guilty as I have her out of the water for as long as it takes to get the hook out and snap a quick pic... Plus, I think they can be just as tough to catch bedding sometimes as they are super spooky in the high pressured waters around me.

Maybe my New Power-Pole™ on the back of my boat will help me sneak up on em' this year!
(sorry for the shameless plug  ;)

Duane

(LEGAL RULING: you're allowed shameless plugs... they probably don't even have to be with or without shame... although I've always liked the phrase 'shameless plug' doesn't that sound like a GREAT name for a rock band?!?)
Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

bshaner

Quote from: TournamentReadyTackle on March 25, 2007, 10:47:49 PM

Maybe my New Power-Pole™ on the back of my boat will help me sneak up on em' this year!
(sorry for the shameless plug  ;)

Duane

No you arent!  :D  I have to get me one of those!

Anyway, I havent done much bed fishing.  I have a feeling I'll be doing some down in Tennessee in a couple of weeks.  From what I've read it isnt something that will hurt a lake.

Quote from: PIGSMALLIE on March 25, 2007, 09:10:50 PM
I don't like to see when your fun fishing and people catch the same wore out 4lber over and over just for fun.

Ya, I totally disagree with doing that.  Pointless.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

joshimoto son

Wasn't there a thread on this last year?

I'm not sure, I read too many posts.

BigSmallie

I've fished the Long Lake Alpena tournament for the past 18 years which is held on the opening weekend of Bass season.     Let me tell you people.........the fish are only getting bigger......and the limits just keep coming in year after year.

If 18 years of whacken' em' on beds is not enough to prove it doesn't hurt the fishery........I don't know what is.

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

Savage

I have to agree with BigSmallie on that Long Lake tournament.  I've fished it the past few years and even went back a week later with my club, and I always end up sorting through more bass than I can count to get my limit of solid 3's.  The fishery does not suffer, people.

Can't wait for that opening weekend!!!!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks