Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Byron Velvick gives Randy Howellsome new lures at the classic

Started by Kal-Kevin, March 02, 2014, 03:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kal-Kevin

I found a video of Byron Velvick giving Randy Howell some Livingston Lures prototypes at Bassmaster classic. Though some of you might like seeing it too
http://youtu.be/6eZZ5vVzytI #livingstonlures

dartag

I heard on a pod-cast that Byron showed up at the press conference after the final day and asked Randy about the lures.  The guys on the pod-cast were not happy that he got in since he is not a media person.   I did hear Randy say he used a DT-6 to catch some fish.  They were joking Brandon Paulinik should have came in and asked some questions.  Guess you do what ever it takes to promote your product.

Kal-Kevin

Dartag if you watch the other video you will see Randy change out lures just before he started culling fish. so he did use the DT-6 for a while but wanted some thing to run a little deeper.

the video
http://www.bassmaster.com/video/randy-howells-day-3-afternoon-charge

the store on the change
http://www.finsntales.com/all/classic-2014-livingston-large/#.Uw9ugEJdVVg   

dartag

I did see that.  They had great go pro footage of him on the last day.   I spent most of the afternoon watching them.   He is sponsored by Livingston so it was probably a good thing he switched.  Bet there sales have increased since that day. 

I am impressed with the go pros.  Only time I have ever seen one in action was when we went to the Hot Ponds.  Mike had one.   Got great footage of us breaking ice.   Going to get one before spring to record my days on the lake.

djkimmel

Byron Velvick was there in the back of the press room. I doubt he would have any problem getting a press pass if he didn't already have one. I remember Randy Howell mentioning Byron, and possibly Byron saying something back, but I can't recall Byron asking a question on his own by proactively requesting the mic? It is very possible I forgot this but I have most of it on voice recorder. I am getting a vague idea Byron may have asked a question. I haven't had time to get back to my video, pictures and voice recordings with Outdoorama being this past week.

Considering that Livingston Lures is a Bassmaster sponsor I can't see why anyone would question any promotion opportunity Randy Howell, Byron Velvick or B.A.S.S. did or allowed to happen?? Seems like cabin fever is more wide spread, or maybe a slow news day? B.A.S.S. and their sponsors, and professional anglers taking advantage of promotional opportunities is a pretty big part of what this sport is about so I don't know why any 'media' would be surprised something like this occurred. Afterall, they are in that room to report on everything, and they'll go into excruciating detail about every detail of the tournament including which lure brand, size, type, weight, color was used.

Having a company rep there to answer questions about a prototype bait should be seen as helpful since there won't be many details available yet about the lure (it wasn't even in the room). Any of us should be so lucky to have a product featured in any way in a Bassmaster Classic win!!! I would LOVE to have a Classic winner say something like, 'I found some key information that helped me win the Classic on GreatLakesBass.com' or something like that. I sure as heck would highlight that if I was at the Classic and had a chance to do it!!! :D

I do know one specific crankbait question that led to more discussion about the Livingston crankbait later in the press conference was asked by our own Wild Michigan Outdoors Radio host Duran Martinez because he was sitting next to me and I got it on video. I remember Randy talked about it earlier in the press conference - how he was catching his limit and many bass on the Rapala, and then later switched to the Livingston prototype that he caught a 6-pounder on. Won't remember the rest until I go through all my media this week.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.