Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

absolutely the worst show, Fishing University

Started by capt charlie's charters, January 15, 2014, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Funny how times change. I wonder how many different names have evolved through the 'who died and made you ___________' statement over the years?!? Might make for a fun winter, cabin fever thread to see how many we can come up with that the various GreatLakesBass.com 'generations' have heard?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BIGSHOW

Michigan out of doors is a pretty good and informative show. Zona's show is just plain entertaining. Major League Fishing is a little of all to me. Especially when you mix in some good old Michigan lakes.

PineLk 49

You guys missed one. How about Virgil Ward. Song... From the lakes of northern Canada to the shores of of of? Shoot that was a long time ago

Waterfoul

Quote from: PineLk 49 on January 22, 2014, 08:05:23 AM
You guys missed one. How about Virgil Ward. Song... From the lakes of northern Canada to the shores of of of? Shoot that was a long time ago

I loved Virgil Ward!!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

Forgot about Fred Trost.   He was ok until he tried to be Consumer Advocate against the Doe in Heat companies.   I think that cost him a lot of $$  and his show.

I saw presentation Jerry Chippeata did trolling for salmon with a camera attached to the cannon ball of a down rigger.   Took them 2 days but they finally had a fish come in view and take the bait.

djkimmel

Ole Virgil Ward and the fish tank for lure demonstrations...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

capt charlie's charters

I to fell for the idea of the indian river burt/mullet, totally pathetic.   meanwhile the facts of fishing runs a close second to being the worst, sad ass humor, horrible music, can stand the host.

Hook & Look by far the best.

Jay-MadWags

IMHO Al Linder has ther best all around fishing show for multi species.  I also enjoy watching Strike King Pro Team Journal and Major League Fishing.  Ultimate Match Fishing has a new season out this year with new rules which is fun to watch.
All in all fishing shows help us to pass the time while the water is hard here in the north country.  There are quite a few to choose from.  Fishing U is usually about promoting products and lures.  They usually catch small fish because they limit themselves to one or two baits the entire show.  I saw the Indian River show.  It was pretty bad, lots of small fish.  In their defense, they fish don't fish many natural lakes so they probably didn't know how to approach it in the given time they had to film the show which was one day with limited tackle (as I stated earlier).  Having said that, I'm not making excuses or knocking down Charlie Ingram beacause I'm sure a lot of people would love to fish across the U.S. filming fishing shows while enjoying the chance to see new bodies of water all around this fine country.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Coop

Fishing University is BRUTAL!!! LMAO, I just got done watching it recorded on my DVR.. Got the Full gammit of shows on record to get me thru a couple more weeks until opener.  Every show is all about promoting their sponsors.. I get it, that's why they can be on television, but really... I wonder how much some of these people pull per episode? Better to run the drivethru at mc'y d's..  My favorites on nowdays is "Cabelas Fishermans Handbook" "Fishing Texas" "Bass Pros" & Major league fishing is ok as well.. Cant stand that crazy freaky eyed blond who does the leaderboard updates (she also hosts a show held down in florida for some sort of Tarpon Competition. Also that guy who hosts with the ridiculous southern accent is kind of annoying as well. And I don't have to hear about how great their finder / crankbait / worm / hooks etc etc. are.  These guys seriously sell their souls. lol..
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

red68prostreet

There certainly are a lot of fishing shows to watch these days. A good number of them are tough to watch. I really enjoy the underwater stuff Hook N Look does. The Linder's always do a great job. I would love to see a show from someone on fishing line. What line and sizes to use for the most popular situations. It was not that long ago that mono was pretty much it. You now have so many combinations to choose from it's confusing. A simple explaination with underwater action would be cool for me.

t-bone

Ultimate Match Fishing is back on and it is right up there with major league fishing.
You can tell that is produced by guys in the industry and not overly influenced by the sponsors.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

BIGSHOW

When is ultimate match fishing on? I never heard of it. What network? Thx

Mcfish

Don't overlook Timmy Hortons' show.  It is well done and he goes into just enough detail on his rigs/set ups that you learn a thing or two. 

tociar

Timmy Hortons , Linders, MLF are good. I don't really care for Fishing U or One more cast with Shaw Grigsby. Too much infomercial for me, but I don't feel the need to slam them because of their appearance.  Charlie Ingram just had a top 10 finish in a tournament.  Not trying to be controversial and everyone has an opinion ... but, I think you can voice your opinions; without "bashing" someone's appearance.

t-bone

You can find the details here: http://www.ultimatematchfishing.com/

Quote from: BIGSHOW on April 11, 2014, 05:57:59 PM
When is ultimate match fishing on? I never heard of it. What network? Thx
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

BIGSHOW

Thanks, DVR is set and ready to tape. It is on the outdoor channel.