Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Roland Martin Marina-Florida

Started by chase5004, January 22, 2006, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chase5004

I was wondering if any you guys had first hand experience with any one in particular out of that marina? (Lk Okeechobee){spelling} It sounds like there are a bunch of guides who fish out of that place. I have sent a couple of emails out already. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pat

Savage

If you are looking for a guide, there is an advertisement posted on this site for a guide down at Big-O.  here is the link:

http://www.lake-okeechobee-fishing.com/

Might be nice to contact the guy and let him know you heard about him from an ad on this board

-Brandon
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I've been there, but not used a guide. Used to be a bunch of Michigan (and close-by) guys guiding out of there. I've not heard anything bad about the guides out of there in general.

I believe Scott Martin still guides down in that area too between tournaments, but I believe he is independent. Last I knew, the marina was owned by his Mom.

cameraguy almost got a date with her that first year we were down there (just kidding - I don't want to get him in trouble with he wife Sherry - this was long before he met Sherry). We ran into Roland and his lady friend at a gas station. That's when I found out how short he is. I mean, he's a giant in bass fishing, he's just not very tall.

When might you be going? Larry Dekker used a guide down in the South Bay area a couple times that he really liked and had a great time. I just have to wait until he has recovered more before I can ask him a name if you want me to.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I used a guide out of Roland Martin Marina by the name of Bert Fischer.  He is pretty good on the Big "O".  He is also pretty good for Snook and Redfish up in the rivers and waterways leading to Okeechobee.  I used him for Peacock Bass in Miami.  We met down in Miami at a launch and went from there and fished around Miami and the Miami Airport.  Big Peacocks.  Lots of fun.  I did another trip with him on Okeechobee in the morning for Largemouths and then in the rivers for big snook after 1000 hours.  Depends what you want to do. 

BD    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djmaclf

My son and I fished with Ron's Guide Service.
www.ronsguideservice.com/index.htm

Here is the big fish my son caught.

Skulley

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

225XS4Garza200PXL

When I went down to Okeechobee... I fished with Art Ferguson...

This year though, he is not guiding out of Roland's Marina due to the damage done to lake and Clewiston from the Hurricanes... he is guiding in the Orlanda area this year on Lake Toho and Kissimmee...

Jose
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

chase5004

Thanks for all the info. I have checked with the guide(s) who was advertised on this page already.

Dan thanks for the offer regarding asking Larry. Send my best. If talking fishing helps out then by all means ask. If not don't worry about it.

Garza, would you happen to have any contact info for Art?

Thanks again, I'm still doing some research.

Pat

fishon1219

I have used rons guide service as well. He is very up front about his pricing and you wont go 10 minuets with out a bite. He is a great guide, one of the best I have ever used on the big "O" . The big difference with rons is there are no hidden costs. Up front he lets you know about everything. The ice, tackle, bait etc. You know exactly what it will cost you before you go out.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

I've not heard anything bad about Ron's Guide Service.

Art is www.artoffishing.com for the latest guide info.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.