Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:29:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Signing up to Marshal BASS events

Started by Dan, October 01, 2013, 11:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

aahhhh!! Just went through a frustrating morning of trying to sign up in the priority entry for Marshaling. (http://www.bassmaster.com/news/2014-bassmaster-marshal-registration-opens-today) First of all the date to do this has change yearly for the past three years. I just got an email yesterday that the priority entry would begin today. I tried to register and it said I needed Fed Nation membership. Well, I had let mine expire because it was something I had gotten explicitly to fullfil the priority registration requirement. This year I had gotten an email saying that I wouldn't need the Club Fed Nation membership for early registration. I got the email straight from the horses mouth so to speak ".....as far as next year, yes you will be eligible for priority entry by signing up as a general member. However, You would lose the benefit of competition and any other state level benefit specific to Michigan such as special pricing on sponsor products run through the president, if you are not a member of the Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation."
Looks like now, I am left to take my chances in a week with the general membership registration.

Frustrated, just venting,
Dan
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

YpsiBass

Do I have to put up the $125 now or is registration just to put your name in the hat?

djkimmel

I can't recall but I think you have to deposit the entry up front to get in. If you are scheduled to fish you can't get a refund. If you are on the waiting list you can get a refund.

Anyone who wants to sign up try going directly to this page first if you have not registered yet for anything in 2014: https://ssl.palmcoastd.com/ows-img/57000/marshal.html

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

Only Life Members and Fed Nation members can sign up now. If you get Bassmaster Magazine you are a National Member and those people can sign up one week from today. You have to pay when you sign up. You can sign up online or by phone. If you sign up by phone you have to wait three extra days for that to happen. I am trying to find out more info. Talked to Jon Stewart via email today. He has been very helpful.  I'll let you know how it goes.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

It's pretty much too late this year but if at least 6 of you want to join in the future say to be eligible for next fall I would consider starting a B.A.S.S. Nation version of The Bass Boys.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

According to Jon Stewart, you can be an at large Bass Nation Member and don't have to belong to a local club. Checking in to that though.

djkimmel

I remember someone telling me about that last year? Probably Paul Sacks or one of the Michigan board members maybe? That might be my present status since I hadn't joined another club yet. But I'm also a Life Member.

Dan

Becoming a Life Member may be cheaper than signing up as a Fed Nation member every year, especially if you have to join a club. Cost me over a hundred dollars last year to join a Fed Nation Club. May have to rethink this.

djkimmel

I don't know... I guess if you're going to try to get in the early Marshal period each year then it is probably a better way to go.

I like people being in the clubs and federations because that counts at meetings and public processes but I also quote the number of B.A.S.S. members in Michigan because we have sometimes been able to reach them to through the magazine or a few special mailings (not sure if they will do that anymore?).

Dan

Got some help at BASS and they signed me up as an at large BASS Federation member so that I now have priority access to the Marshal sign up. Couple of days late, but I was appreciative of their help. Now, I just have to come up with some cash to put down for two or three events. Going places that I've never been before, I can't wait to get on the road again. BTW it cost $30 to sign up as an at large member.

Dan

Well, I think I signed up today to Marshal the Table Rock and Cayuga Lake Bassmaster events. I filled out the forms submitted my credit card, but when I hit the button it sent me back to the original screen. Seems to me it did that before. Didn't want to get double charges on the card so I'm waiting till Monday to see if BASS got my info and money. They leave early on Friday so I missed them when I tried to call.

djkimmel

Can't you also check your status at www.bassmaster.com/marshal to see if they show in some status other than not there?

Dan

Good call DK. Thanks! I did check via the link you suggested and it does show that I am register for the two events. I'll have to wait and see though if I get the obligatory two days or the three days. Thanks again.

djkimmel

You're welcome. It feels good to be a help to someone once in awhile.