email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Cash for Bass Sunday Open #1 RESULTS  (Read 1697 times)

Mini

2013 Cash for Bass Sunday Open #1 RESULTS
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:48:25 PM »

013 Cash for Bass Sunday Open #1 RESULTS

The first of 5 Cash for Bass Sunday Opens on Lake St Clair took place yesterday July 7th with a better than anticipated turnout, especially since it was holiday Weekend event. The weather was predicted correctly with scattered rain showers in the morning but it didnt seem to effect the amount of fish that were caught by some of the best sticks Lake St Clair has. As you can see the competition was close and there was actually a couple of ties.  In the case of ties for total weight, big bass weight breaks ties. So it is important to weigh that big one in even if you do not have a chance ant winning Big Bass. There was also a tie for 2nd Big Bass with a 5lb 8oz fish. In that case total weight breaks ties.

Usually we do not post payouts on the results but I have to let people know! The Sunday Opens run a slightly different payback with 1 place paid for every 6 paid entries. This makes for even more ca$h back at the ramp!!!! There were 23 paid entries and first place paid an astonishing $2000! Second place paid $1000! 23 paid entries!!!!

The results were as follows:

1st Place - Beale Girdler      19lbs 14ozs
2nd Place - Ward Trombley      19lbs 9ozs
3rd Place - Steele Metry      19lbs 6ozs (tie broken by Big Bass)
4th Place - Sessink Glover      19lbs 6ozs

1st Big Bass - Griffin Schoemann   5lbs 13ozs
2nd Big Bass - Steele Metry      5lbs 8ozs (tie broken by total weight)

The next Cash for Bass events are the weeknight events this Thursday on Lake St Clair and on Pontiac Lake. The next weekend events are the Lake St Clair Tour and Lake Erie Tour events both on July 20th. Please check our web page and Facebook for more details and pictures!

Mojo

• Champion 206 - YAMI VMAX 250
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • To You; Who helped me grow my fishing roots
  • View Gallery
Re: 2013 Cash for Bass Sunday Open #1 RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »

Gentlemen, - Well run event. These are run as good or better than NBAA and BFL events. This group impressed me with their outstanding Monster Quest VIII, and the CFB Opens follow suit.

Here is why I personally like the CFB Opens:

*  The 90% payout and 1 in 6 rule is fair and firm.
*  The bigger pots bring out the better anglers, and I like competing against the very best.
*  There seems to be a kinder - comradre amongst the competitors, a respect and some decent sharing of the basics of the lake for that day. No jerks, headstrong people attending. Just calm good professions who love do what we do.

I think the bigger money does alot of this naturally, and now I get it. Thanks guys for a good event. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mini

Re: 2013 Cash for Bass Sunday Open #1 RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge