Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL Confirmation letters

Started by motocross269, January 11, 2007, 08:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

This is my first year on BFL...I recieved my Confirmation letters today for the BFL series..4 of them were confirmed and the one I couldn't get a Boater for I am on Wait status..(Burt and Mullet lake)
Is this the Norm if you don't have a Boater?? I guess that they can't start placing untied boaters and Co-anglers together until the last minute in case someone gets picked up as a priority boater or co-angler.
How long before the tournament do they start locking all of this in?? It would suck to take work off and all of that and have to sit on the shore
If someone could give me a run down on how all of that works that would be great..I thought I read somewhere 2 weeks, but I would think alot could change in 2 weeks. 
I guess all of my problems would be solved if I could find a Boater for Burt and Mullet...anyone????

djkimmel

We need to find you a boater.

They will take all the nonmatched co-anglers and boaters who are in before the priority deadline and match them first. Michigan boaters tend to be about 50-50 for signing up early and signing up later, so there probably isn't a lot of boaters in yet to match up to.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rudycard72

I am going to try to fish the Burt/Mullet event. Hopefully my restaurant will be running smooth enough to leave the wife in charge for a few days. I probably won't know until a few weeks before the event, but if you still haven't found a boater by then we can link up.

djkimmel

As long as it is before the priority deadline, you would both be guaranteed.

I asked - did you ever report back on where your restaurant is; what it's called?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rudycard72

The restaurant is in Kalamazoo just a few miles from D & R sports. Called Steve's 12th St. Deli , basically an upscale sandwich shop. We have something for everyone though. Look me up if your ever in town. We're at 6058 S 12th st Kalamazoo 49009.

djkimmel

This is starting to ring bells in my memory now...? Isn't this a hangout for anglers over there?

rudycard72

I think you have me confused with someone else. I just opened in November, but would love to be a hangout for anglers. I plan on doing some sponsorship with the local bass clubs this spring. Maybe give some directors gift certificates to hand out and maybe bring some food platters to a couple weigh-ins. Hopefully one day i'll be known as anglers hangout.

CuradoKev

Hey Rudy...Email Me....

I work about 3 miles from there, I'll stop by for a sandwich. Also, I can put some information about your deli in my weekly newsletter. You may have more anglers there than you think  ;D

Curadokev at yahoo dot com

C-ya Kev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

djkimmel

Sounds like I have a new favorite restaurant in Kalamazoo.

motocross269

Definetly keep me in mind for a Co-Angler....Bring some of those sandwiches up north with you..
I've always said restaurant owners are some of the hardest workers I know of...Long days.
Good luck on your new business and hope to hear from you

SODY

Rudycard72. I'm always looking for local places to promote at our FOM tournaments. I have sent you a packet and plan on hitting your place for a sandwich as I work at Parker Hannifin in Kalamazoo. Hope your shop takes off!!!

Rich Soderquist- SW Michigan Div. Director
Fishers of Men National Tournament Trail
02239 Ridgewood Dr E
South Haven, MI. 49090
PH. 269-637-4677, Cell 269-217-9485, email rsoderquist@comcast.net

rudycard72

Sounds great, can't wait to meet you, thanks for the support.

jmoore9543

I am new to BFL this year to. I will be fishing as a nonboater. So i am confused now. I was under the impression of signing up for events one at a time, but I can enter all at the same time?? it would be awesome if someone could kind of outline the steps for me. any help would be greatly appreciated. and I will have to check out the sandwich shop as well next time i am by D&R.

djkimmel

You can sign up for any or all of them whenever you want now. If you want priority entry, you need to make sure you have your entry in and your boater does too for each event before each events priority entry deadline - a few weeks before each event.

You don't have to enter at the same time, just make sure both are in before that deadline. Check this thread for all the cutoff dates: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=1271.0

motocross269

Signing up for them all at once does a couple of things.. it gives you a priority over Anglers that only sign up for 1 or 2..It also shows whomever you pick up as a boater that you are serious about the Tournament year and not going to bail out half way through the season.
Most boaters that I have seen on this Forum want to pick up a Co-angler for the whole year so it is one less thing they have to worry about as the season goes along. 
Good luck..This is my rookie year also..There is a ton of Co-angler info on this site, bass resource and the FLW home site.

C'mon Burt and Mullet.