Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2013 OUTDOORAMA SHOW VOLUNTEERS List

Started by djkimmel, February 02, 2013, 07:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The volunteer schedule for the 2013 Outdoorama show in Novi will be posted shortly. Mikesmiph has generously volunteered to help me keep track of the schedule again. Thanks Mike! I can always count on you! GreatLakesBass.com will be in booth 5715 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi. More information about Outdoorama 2013.

Volunteers who work at least 2 hours will get a free exhibitor pass to the show that is good for the whole show as long as you help at least two hours. I cannot give out passes to persons who don't help at the booth.

You will get more details in the private volunteers area of the forum. You will be able to see it once I add you to the temporary show group. I will state a few things now. I need people who can talk to others in an outgoing, friendly fashion about joining the websites - mostly GreatLakesBass.com and GreatLakesIceFishing.com, handing out stuff and just answering general questions about fishing. NO ALCOHOL in the booth. No sales of items not pre-approved by me before the show.

This is only a 10x10 booth so there's not a lot of room for extra friends and family to come and hang out in the booth. Please NO extra people behind the table who are not on the volunteer list. We can usually handle Outdoorama traffic with 2 to 3 people at the booth at all times. The schedule can be adjusted some to accommodate people willing to help who can't fit one of the existing time slots. THANK YOU for your HELP!

UPDATED 2/19/2013 (12:40PM): Booth 5715 - Mike Smith has been great in volunteering to help keep the schedule up-to-date so please PM both of us if you have a change or any questions.

Thursday, February 21
2pm - 9:30pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       2pm - 9:30pm
mikesmiph      2pm - 9:30pm
cameraguy      2pm - 5pm
UAWBigDog      5pm - 8pm
UAWBD son      5pm - 8pm
               7pm - 9:30pm

Friday, February 22
2pm - 9:30pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       2pm - 9:30pm
mikesmiph      2pm - 9:30pm
               2pm - 5pm
               4pm - 7pm
fiker          5pm - 8pm
               5pm - 8pm
               7pm - 9:30pm

Saturday, February 23
10am - 9pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       10am - 9pm
mikesmiph      10am - 9pm
girlscanfish2  10am - 9pm
               10am - 1pm
t-bone         12pm - 3pm
Got Fish??     1pm - 4pm
               1pm - 4pm
               1pm - 4pm
todd postill   4pm - 7pm
               4pm - 7pm
               4pm - 7pm
               6:30pm - 9pm
               7pm - 9pm

Sunday, February 24
10am - 5pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       10am - 5pm
mikesmiph      10am - 5pm
               10am - 1pm
Got Fish??     1pm - 3pm
bigjc          1pm - 3pm
               1pm - 3pm
               3pm - 5pm
               3pm - 5pm
todd postill   3pm - 5pm (tear down)

We could use 1 or 2 for 30-45 minutes after the show ends Sunday for tearing down and packing the booth into my little car so if 1 or 2 of you can help, that would be awesome! All volunteers will be added to the special GLBass Friends group if not already in there. And you will have my eternal thanks and appreciation!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

You can count on me again Dan.  Friday is probably the best day to schedule me. 

It's a great place to be.  As much as it's great seeing everybody when we work there, we've got to keep one thing in mind.  The purpose of the booth is to sign people up for the two boards.  When we get a bunch of guys hanging around and blocking the booth, we don't get our job done.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Got Fish??

todd postill

im good for sat. pick a time and let me know.can help last time slot and tear down on sun again also.

mikesmiph

I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Work is taking the other two days.

t-bone

I could work Friday late afternoon. Let me know what you need.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

Okay, initial schedule for Outdoorama 2013 is up. Please check your times and let me know about any adjustments. Thanks! I will open up the private board here in a few minutes and start adding people. Mike let me know when you think you can get there and how long you plan on staying please? Of course, there can be breaks for people who stay longer.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on February 07, 2013, 12:41:09 AM
fixed it

Thought you had to work Thursday and Friday?!?

Is Veronica coming over at all to hang out and punch me in the booth?

bigjc

I could probably spend some time Sunday afternoon, like possibly 1-3???

djkimmel

Quote from: bigjc on February 17, 2013, 05:13:34 PM
I could probably spend some time Sunday afternoon, like possibly 1-3???

I will take you up on that! Thanks sir!

bigjc

t-bone

The wife changed my plans for Friday (imagine that), I'd like to switch to 12-3pm on Saturday.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

Quote from: t-bone on February 19, 2013, 08:46:10 AM
The wife changed my plans for Friday (imagine that), I'd like to switch to 12-3pm on Saturday.

Okay. Thanks for the update.

bigjc

So Dan, What is the procedure for us getting in to work the show?

mikesmiph

I'm sure Dan is sleeping lol. You go in the NW corner, next to door #2. The table you want is on the left. Give them the website name and your name and you will get a badge.

djkimmel

Quote from: bigjc on February 22, 2013, 08:27:58 PM
So Dan, What is the procedure for us getting in to work the show?

I should be asleep but I'm still going through a few more messages with half-closed eyes. Any drive through SE Michigan takes a while to come down from for me!

bigjc, check out the private volunteers board post - 2013 Outdoorama Show Volunteers Info - in the subboard - Outdoorama Helpers Info - above. You should be able to see it since you are in the volunteers group. All the details are in that thread. You may need to provide picture ID this year if they ask for it.

Mike's short answer covers it pretty good too.

djkimmel

THANK YOU so much to those of you who volunteered and helped out at the Outdoorama booth. The good parts were talking to a number of youth about youth fishing opportunities and being able to answer a number of fishing questions for visitors to the show. We signed up a few new members including a number of ladies and youth! Great additions to GreatLakesBass.com!

bigjc

I enjoyed hanging with ya for a bit Dan...

djkimmel

Thanks bogus. I enjoyed our time together too. Thanks!