Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hank Parker's Show 1-19

Started by 6 lb Smallmouth, January 20, 2013, 09:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6 lb Smallmouth

Anybody catch this show?  He just said he was fishing Lake Michigan.  Looked like maybe Sturgeon Bay.  Didn't really give much information.  Granted, I caught it 5 minutes into the show but he never really talked about the presentation or the season.  You could see he was fishing in about 5' of water throwing tubes and a jerkbait.  He caught over 100 that day.

Looking at his future shows, he is doing one on Charlevoix and two on Lake Michigan East Bay (GTB?).  I usually don't watch any fishing shows but when I am flipping channels and someone is catching Great Lakes smallies, I stick around and check it out. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

dartag

East bay Traverse city.   If you catch the show again you can see the grand traverse resort in the back ground.   Looked like they were just north of town for a while.

Dan

Is that show on the Outdoor Channel. I guess I can google it, but...

Episode 2 - Lake Michigan Smallmouth
Hank Parker heads north to Lake Michigan with Tim Steinmetz, winner of a Berkley sweeps, and the smallmouth bass in East Bay are on fire!
Premier air date: Monday, Jan. 14, 2013

NBC Sports Network Schedule
Mondays - 3:00 p.m. (Premier airing of each episode)
Wednesdays - 12:30 p.m.
Saturdays - 8:30 a.m.
Sundays - 8:30 a.m.
(All times listed are EST)
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

Found it. Just had to read a little. It's early though and it's hard to do things that require thought or movement. Sure wish someone would bring me a cup of coffee.

"Hank Parker's Outdoor Magazine" 2013 season airs on NBC Sports Network in the NBC Sports Outdoor block for 26 weeks beginning Monday, Jan. 7, 2013, and The Pursuit Channel beginning Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013.

NBC Sports Network Schedule
Mondays - 3:00 p.m. (Premier airing of each episode)
Wednesdays - 12:30 p.m.
Saturdays - 8:30 a.m.
Sundays - 8:30 a.m.

The Pursuit Channel Television Schedule
Tuesdays - 9 p.m.
Wednesdays - Midnight
Saturdays - 9 a.m.

Episode 6 - Lake Charlevoix Smallmouth
Hank Parker and Plano's Jesse Simpkins go after hard-hitting smallmouth on Michigan's third largest lake.
Premier air date: Monday, Feb.11, 2013

Episode 9 - Northern Outing: Part I
Hank Parker and Stan Potts catch smallmouth bass in the East Bay area of Lake Michigan.
Premier air date: Monday, Mar. 4, 2013

Episode 10 - Northern Outing: Part II
Part II picks up where Part I left off. Hank and Stan Potts change locations and continue the smallmouth bass fishing bonanza.
Premier air date: Monday, Mar. 11, 2013

Episode 12 - Lake Erie
Hank invites a young angler for a day of fishing on Lake Erie. See if she outfishes the bass fishing legend on her home waters.
Premier air date: Monday, Mar. 25, 2013
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bigmojet

Part of it was definitely east bay as mentioned  below by seeing GT Resort.

The first segment i think they were north of downtown. The rest of the show looked like rihht off shore in shallows where old mountain jacks restaurant used to be.

bigjc

The only thing good about this time of year is Sat. morning fishing shows.  Thank God for DVR.

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on February 08, 2013, 08:29:52 PM
The only thing good about this time of year is Sat. morning fishing shows.  Thank God for DVR.

DVR's definitely keep me from missing my favorites. I have been working OT on Saturdays and Sundays. Will be too until ice out.

BD.                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

BIGSHOW

When you said Lake Michigan you kinda threw me off. Wish I would have seen this post earlier in the year. Missed a couple of these shows. I need to set a permanant hank parker record for the DVR. Some pretty good shows. Been getting into Major league for a while lately.

bigmojet

Hank Parker usually films a couple shows on east bay and one I saw thus year he was on Charlevoix.

Shaw grigsby films a couple too. Even Babe Winkleman had a show on east bay couple weeks ago. His was filmed on 06/20/2012. I was courious because I was out there on 06/22/2012. Believe I passed Jerkbait from this site on the water that day. I understand Babe was more interested in the golfing available.

Hook and look just had a show on where first half was on Crystal Lake in Benzie County and windier then heck that day they filmed.

BIGSHOW

I would have liked to see that. What channel/network is it on. I have comcast downriver/se mich.

djkimmel

Hook n' Look is on the Outdoor Channel. Reruns later on WFN.

For the other shows just hire Chris Noffsinger as a guide and you will be on them! I hope to do some video with Capt Chris this year. Link on the GreatLakesBass.com home page.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

saw both them shows .   They were on my spots the spot stealers! :D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

BIGSHOW

Just set it on the dvr. Outdoor channel HD (709)

djkimmel

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on April 13, 2013, 01:39:48 AM
saw both them shows .   They were on my spots the spot stealers! :D

Guess you better have a talk with someone... ::)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

[/quote]

Guess you better have a talk with someone... ::)
[/quote]

Somehow I'm thinking it wont be like when EF Hutton talks  :D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

6 lb Smallmouth

Quote from: bigmojet on April 12, 2013, 09:06:31 AM
Even Babe Winkleman had a show on east bay couple weeks ago. His was filmed on 06/20/2012. I was courious because I was out there on 06/22/2012. Believe I passed Jerkbait from this site on the water that day. I understand Babe was more interested in the golfing available.

I'd like to see that show.  Did the Babe crush 'em?  I put an absolute hurting on the fish on the 21st and 22nd including the the 5-11 in my avatar and it was my first time ever being there. 

Anybody going to be on GTB this June? 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

bigmojet

JB , Babe was fishing with capt Chris noffsinger. They were catching fish but seemed more like a lot of smaller males which was my experience on 06/22.